Terragen 2 command line more output images

Started by Rudolfking, November 22, 2012, 06:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolfking

Hi all!
My question would be the following: Is is possible to save more, than one output image? Like saving a filename.tif and a filename.bmp from one render output.
I tried the following:
tgdcli -p project.tgd -r -o filename.bmp filename.tif
and
tgdcli -p projecxt.tgd -r -o filename.bmp -o filename.tif
From these renders only one of the output formats are saved.
Extra output is not what I want (not alpha or other extra formats/modes/layers), I want two main outputs (for example a classic and a hdr output).
Thank you for your response,
Rudolfking

jo

Hi,

No, that isn't possible. You can only have one output file. I was going to suggest using something like ImageMagick from a script to convert an HDR output but in that case you wouldn't have the same tone mapping for the LDR image. I'll mention the idea of outputting HDR and LDR to the others though.

Regards,

Jo

pokoy

That would be great, it is something I have also wished would be possible. Also, being able to output 16 bit tifs would be very cool.

jo

Hi pokoy,

16 bit TIFF output will be available in a future release, but not the next one.

Regards,

Jo

pokoy

Quote from: jo on November 23, 2012, 06:56:18 AM
Hi pokoy,

16 bit TIFF output will be available in a future release, but not the next one.

Regards,

Jo

Glad to hear that, thanks!

Rudolfking

Hi all!
Well, I figured it out, that when opening with IrfanView:
Adding +20 Contrast, +2.2 Gamma (instead of 1.0) and +10 Saturation (in IrfanView), the opened exr saved into bmp/png/etc. will be the same as saving the render result in bmp. With tone-mapping it will not be seamless (for example rendering panoramic image parts). GI cache is the savior :)
Thank you for the replies though,
Rudolfking