Left Behind

Started by badvok, December 10, 2012, 06:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badvok

Hi,

It's been ages since I last posted anything, due to moving country, getting married, etc. But I finally got around to creating something and decided to try and make the scene from the point of view of someone left behind on a rocky moon. Something that's all rocks and very thin atmosphere.

Not totally happy with it, but it's good enough for public consumption. So please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for improvement.

[attach=1]

==
Badvok

badvok

I realise I left some stars shining through the moon, so I've taken those out.

Oshyan

"Stars" were all over the ground before too, I was going to say you had too much specular going on. ;) With the fixed-up version I think it looks quite nice. The rough rocks have great texture to them, perhaps a bit extreme in parts, but still pretty cool. Very good coloring, too. The image seems to tell a bit of a story on its own with the ship heading toward the planet... I like that.

- Oshyan

Bjur

I love those scenerys too, nice picture!

You could try to reduce the haze density and lower the haze exp height a bit.
The starship and background will looking less greyish and colourwise deeper i guess. The top dark space and (beautiful) planet might be ending in near black background colour.
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

TheBadger

planet looks grea.
I would add some lights or some visual energy signatures to the ship though. As it is now it looks good. But I get a "dead astronaut in space" feel from it.
It has been eaten.

Simius Strabus

Could be a powerless ship, plunging towards the ground. Looks nice though.
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb