Suggestions for 3D ART DIRECT Terragen Special Magazine Cover

Started by Digital Art Live, December 20, 2012, 01:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Art Live

Hi Folks,

We've gathered together a nice set of interviews with some great Terragen artists for the next issue of 3D Art Direct magazine, which will be published before the end of this month.

Once published, I'll place a link on this forum where you'll be able to sign up to get a free copy of the on-line magazine.

So we have interviewed these artists and included the best of their portfolios in this special edition:-

• Franck Doassans
    Ulco Glimmerveen (Dune)
    Frank Basinski
    Jan-Walter (Walli)
    Oshyan Greene (transcribed from the podcast)

I've had a few suggestions for the magazine front cover artwork but I am still looking for a good winter or Christmas season scene, that shows off Terragen 2 to the max!

So I'm still open to some new suggestions.

I might suggest something snowy and mountainous, that includes good perspective and most of all has immediate impact, since any publication be it book or magazine needs this nowadays to grab attention.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Dune

I thought you already had something, but I've got some snow images, although not many. Two come to mind:

Digital Art Live

Hi Kevin,

That's a nice render. If not used for the cover, I would certainly like to include in the Christmas gallery, which will be included in this month's magazine.

Are you able to render this to a higher resolution, say to 300 DPI, or in more practical terms to between 1MB and 2MB in size?

Quote from: Kevin F on December 21, 2012, 04:47:00 AM
Hi, Please feel free to use this image of mine if you want:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8611.0;attach=22058;image

Regards
Kevin
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Digital Art Live

Thanks!

I've had several suggestions to use Tangled Universe's Dutch Winter Sunrise, but I think it will be a little dark for the front cover. Ideally I need something brigher and creates instant impact.

I certainly like your winter images and will speak to Mickey Mills, my assistant editor so we can make a final choice. If these are not featured on the front cover, then they will certainly be included in the Christmas Gallery, which includes a collection of images sent in by readers/artists of the magazine in the forthcoming issue.

Quote from: Dune on December 21, 2012, 11:54:21 AM
I thought you already had something, but I've got some snow images, although not many. Two come to mind:
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Digital Art Live

Many thanks Martin!  :)

Like I've mentioned above, I feel this may be a little dark and sparse in impact for the front cover I am looking for. It's not a reflection on the quality of your work; it's to do with the context of it being used for the front cover. Like I've mentioned on the other replied to this post, it'll certainly be featured inside the mag.

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 21, 2012, 12:22:34 PM
Hi Paul,

I can render a portrait version of this one if you like:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15371.msg149736#msg149736

Martin
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Dune

Just found another one, but it is a little dark as well.

Kevin F

Hi Paul,
Sorry, only able to provide 2 .5 - 3.5M bmp versions of that and the others attached here. No computer access and a broken leg are holding me back just now. If you want any of these in that format please let me know.
Regards
Kevin.

Quote from: 3D Art Direct on December 21, 2012, 07:02:18 PM
Hi Kevin,

That's a nice render. If not used for the cover, I would certainly like to include in the Christmas gallery, which will be included in this month's magazine.

Are you able to render this to a higher resolution, say to 300 DPI, or in more practical terms to between 1MB and 2MB in size?

Quote from: Kevin F on December 21, 2012, 04:47:00 AM
Hi, Please feel free to use this image of mine if you want:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8611.0;attach=22058;image

Regards
Kevin

Kevin F

Digital Art Live

Quote from: Kevin F on January 04, 2013, 02:54:31 PM
Paul, what's the deal with this posting?

Hi Kevin, I'm adding in a Christmas Gallery section of pages to the on-line edition of the magazine at the moment, including your three images.

Message me your full name (if desired) and I will promote your name and any website/gallery you may have alongside the images.

Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

bla bla 2