Nulcear Field Test Gone Wrong

Started by Simius Strabus, December 30, 2012, 07:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simius Strabus

Working on an animation. The following pictures are from 3 different viewpoints.
First animation, the lunar orbit view should be done as I write this post.

Lunar Orbital Camera:
[attachimg=1]

Orbital Satellite Camera Side view:
[attachimg=2]

Orbital Satellite Camera Top view:
[attachimg=3]
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Simius Strabus

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Canister

It's like looking into the future of what could be

Nice job on the animation, I like the explosion.

Simius Strabus

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

TheBadger

Its working!! Great tests!

I would make the sequence shorter and put the render savings into detail and size.

After you finish the render you can add some effects in post. It will look great.

Good job!
It has been eaten.

Simius Strabus

I'm planning on shorter 1280x720 sequences sometime next week.

@TheBadger, what video editing software should I use?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

TheBadger

There is a lot. I would just use after effects. There are a ton of free tuts.
Let us know when you get that far and I will give you some links to useful instructional material for your project.

I cant remember right now, but if TG2 can now save out an EXR and a tiff per frame at the same time make sure you do that.
Otherwise, if it can't, and you have good HDR software (I use photomatix pro with photoshop, not the plug in) than be sure to save .exr. But .tiff will be fine too if thats all you can work with.

It would be great if you have a particle plug in for AE like what "red giant" provides, as well as magic bullets looks. But if not don't worry. There is still a ton you can do.

The most important thing is to get as much of the action rendered out from TG2 as possible. The more details you have in the render to work with the better.

The blast wave you have that pushes the clouds out is great! I would add another cloud layer to it similar to the one you already have. Its a great detail
It has been eaten.