TERRALIVE Conference?

Started by Blackheart6004, January 02, 2013, 07:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart6004

I was looking at my emails today and I got this weird one about a personal invitation to a TERRALIVE conference. Looks suspicious to me, so I'm going to quote the whole email and let you guys decide for yourselves.

QuoteDear [username],

On Saturday the 5th of January at 20:00 GMT is a unique live event that celebrates Terragen 2. This is in the form of a webinar and is the FREE introductory session of the TERRALIVE conference, with the main on-line conference being held later in January.

Martin Huisman (Tangled Universe) and Danny Gordon are co-hosting this webinar, so you will get to meet them in person. They will both be sharing and demonstrating a collection of valuable top tips from their own desktops on Terragen 2.

You'll also be able to share this live event with other users from the Terragen community. There will be an option to quiz to the hosts through audio or instant messaging. Don't forget you can use this opportunity to network with other attendees through the IM option.

As a bonus you will have access to additional resources as a webinar participant such as posted images, slides and notes which will help you to extend the learning experience.

You may have seen the other work that 3D Art Direct is currently engaged in by promoting Terragen in these forums, by way of a promotional podcast interview with Oshyan Greene and the imminent publication of a special edition of the 3D Art Direct magazine featuring interviews with well known TG artists.

I would like to extend a personal invite for you to attend this introductory webinar session and take part in this unique experience for Terragen.

It's very simple to attend. Just visit

http://3dartlive.com/terralive/

and sign up with your name and email address. We'll send a link to get you into the session.

Once you've signed up, we'll give you the link for our special Terragen edition of 3D Art Direct, with five interviews of top Terragen artists well known in the TG community.

The Main Conference Tickets have also just been released for sale. So you can book to gain access to the main conference at:-

http://3dartlive.com/event-registration/

On a final note, if you would like to be involved in the conference main event and contribute in some way, then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your attention.

Paul Bussey
3D Art Live Conference Director
www.3DArtLive.com

Unless the admins, Martin Huisman or Danny Gordon can confirm this is real, I suspect this is a fake.
My DeviantArt Profile - http://blackheart6004.deviantart.com/

Oshyan

It's absolutely real, there are multiple postings about it here in the forums. I'm surprised you haven't seen them. I'm not sure why you would have been emailed about it unless you signed up, however. Perhaps you signed up to read the 3D Art Direct magazine recently?

- Oshyan

Blackheart6004

Quote from: Oshyan on January 02, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
It's absolutely real, there are multiple postings about it here in the forums. I'm surprised you haven't seen them. I'm not sure why you would have been emailed about it unless you signed up, however. Perhaps you signed up to read the 3D Art Direct magazine recently?

- Oshyan

No I haven't seen these on the forums. Haven't been active on here in a while.

Also, I haven't signed for any magazine.
My DeviantArt Profile - http://blackheart6004.deviantart.com/

TheBadger

Hey, Blackheart

Someone probably named you after a request was made for recommendations  of TG2 users who might make good examples, or possible instructors for scene making in TG2.
If I remember correctly you have published some tutorials. Is that right? If so they probably tracked an e-mail down for you.
It wasn't me, but now that your here maybe you should consider participating. If I am remembering right again, I think I have seen some pretty good work of yours.

Something to think about anyway.
It has been eaten.

Seth

Quote from: Blackheart6004 on January 02, 2013, 07:46:00 PM
I was looking at my emails today and I got this weird one about a personal invitation to a TERRALIVE conference. Looks suspicious to me, so I'm going to quote the whole email and let you guys decide for yourselves.

QuoteDear [username],

On Saturday the 5th of January at 20:00 GMT is a unique live event that celebrates Terragen 2. This is in the form of a webinar and is the FREE introductory session of the TERRALIVE conference, with the main on-line conference being held later in January.

Martin Huisman (Tangled Universe) and Danny Gordon are co-hosting this webinar, so you will get to meet them in person. They will both be sharing and demonstrating a collection of valuable top tips from their own desktops on Terragen 2.

You'll also be able to share this live event with other users from the Terragen community. There will be an option to quiz to the hosts through audio or instant messaging. Don't forget you can use this opportunity to network with other attendees through the IM option.

As a bonus you will have access to additional resources as a webinar participant such as posted images, slides and notes which will help you to extend the learning experience.

You may have seen the other work that 3D Art Direct is currently engaged in by promoting Terragen in these forums, by way of a promotional podcast interview with Oshyan Greene and the imminent publication of a special edition of the 3D Art Direct magazine featuring interviews with well known TG artists.

I would like to extend a personal invite for you to attend this introductory webinar session and take part in this unique experience for Terragen.

It's very simple to attend. Just visit

http://3dartlive.com/terralive/

and sign up with your name and email address. We'll send a link to get you into the session.

Once you've signed up, we'll give you the link for our special Terragen edition of 3D Art Direct, with five interviews of top Terragen artists well known in the TG community.

The Main Conference Tickets have also just been released for sale. So you can book to gain access to the main conference at:-

http://3dartlive.com/event-registration/

On a final note, if you would like to be involved in the conference main event and contribute in some way, then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your attention.

Paul Bussey
3D Art Live Conference Director
www.3DArtLive.com

Unless the admins, Martin Huisman or Danny Gordon can confirm this is real, I suspect this is a fake.

I suspect this is a fake.

sorry, I couldn't resist ;D

Digital Art Live

Hi Blackheart,

The message was genuine and from myself, who has created this live conference for the Terragen community. I've messaged a selection of more active members in the community (in terms of number of posts in the TG2 forum) to increase awareness about the event.

3D Art Direct has also created a Terragen special magazine and also interviewed Oshyan in our latest podcast. We're about creating promotion for digital artists and providing different conduits for doing this.

If you have any queries about the conference and would like to know more, I would be pleased to help.

Paul
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com