ZBrush 3

Started by Will, May 19, 2007, 02:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Hi all, I got Zbrush 3 thursday (maybe friday I don't remember) and all I can say its WOW. The new features make it a really amazing piece of software, and the fact that the update was free was a nice add-on as well. I've been making a lot fo use of the new sub-tool feature as well as mesh extraction these two features allow you to mask a area of a model and then create anouther model that copys that mesh, so in practice it makes it very easy to make clothing or, in my case, tissue. I've attached an image showing a skull that I sculpted in about five minutes and then some tissue I put on useing the features mentioned above then the skin. It hard to see though the quality of this image but the deatail is really pretty crazy, with HD sculting you can get up to one BILLION polygons which can make for some great sculpting. if anyone is intrested I can go into more detail or post some more stuff.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

duff

They look more like nipples to me  ;)

Will

;D haha yea they kinda do don't they? it was a pretty quick little model but I plan of expanding it and hopefully taking away the nipple like qualitys. ;)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Yeah, tell us more.  New Zbrush is always interesting.

Quote from: Will on May 19, 2007, 02:17:16 PM
Hi all, I got Zbrush 3 thursday (maybe friday I don't remember) and all I can say its WOW. The new features make it a really amazing piece of software, and the fact that the update was free was a nice add-on as well. I've been making a lot fo use of the new sub-tool feature as well as mesh extraction these two features allow you to mask a area of a model and then create anouther model that copys that mesh, so in practice it makes it very easy to make clothing or, in my case, tissue. I've attached an image showing a skull that I sculpted in about five minutes and then some tissue I put on useing the features mentioned above then the skin. It hard to see though the quality of this image but the deatail is really pretty crazy, with HD sculting you can get up to one BILLION polygons which can make for some great sculpting. if anyone is intrested I can go into more detail or post some more stuff.

Regards,

Will
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?