Newbie's first Image

Started by zionner, May 20, 2007, 01:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

thanks again, ive just completed a new one with Hills included in it:

Will

well for the first one you could increace the cloud quality to get rid of the jaggedness.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

zionner

ok thanks :) that worked, also what would the best kind be, as so far i can only produce a lot of small seprate clouds (like the one in the shot i posted

ProjectX

the sea is beautiful, get those silhouetted mountains out of the way so we can see it better!

xNickx

This is my first full render. I don't know how make realistic shaders. So this is a effect:

zionner

nice starting pic ^^

+ im making another one with the hill out the way now

rcallicotte

xNickx - nice beginning.  I like your clouds, blue sky, and mountain texture.  The snow effect is pretty good, too.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

xNickx

And its HDRI. I saved this in TIFF take 7 images with -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 EV and make HDR in Photomatix

Oshyan

xNickx, you don't need to use that manual process to create an HDR image. You can save directly to OpenEXR HDR format by choosing it from the format types drop-down in the Save As dialog when saving images.

- Oshyan

xNickx

zionner

haha...this guys better then me already ^^

well..that isnt hard lol

Nice Jobs with the Pics, the only thing id like to point out..is maybe some more detail on your tree?

ProjectX

Quote from: zionner on May 24, 2007, 05:14:03 PM
haha...this guys better then me already ^^

well..that isnt hard lol

Nice Jobs with the Pics, the only thing id like to point out..is maybe some more detail on your tree?

It doesn't matter where you start, it's where you end that counts.

zionner

lol yeah,

Sorry this next renders taking so long, first the render kept crashing the Program, Then once i got a finished version, the Fake Stone Shader that i added into it kinda ruined the look of the hill, so im rendering the final version now :p

zionner

arrgh..its crashed everytime ive try to render this picture, it gets the top half done, then crashes

old_blaggard

Check in your nodes to make sure that you aren't applying really small-scale displacement somewhere.  That's the most likely cause I can think of.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.