Newbie's first Image

Started by zionner, May 20, 2007, 01:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectX

are you using an object population? In general if you're using imported terrains or objects that are too big for your RAM, then it'll crash.

e.g. the 8192x8192 Mt. St. Helens terrain crashes my laptop, but not my PC.

Oshyan

The most common causes of crashing are use of water or a reflective shader (especially in combination with rough/extreme displacement), extreme displacement either on a large or small scale, memory issues (populations too large, image maps too large, etc.), and sometimes poorly formatted objects (less so as of the latest update).

- Oshyan

zionner

Quote from: Oshyan on May 27, 2007, 02:35:17 PM
The most common causes of crashing are use of water or a reflective shader (especially in combination with rough/extreme displacement), extreme displacement either on a large or small scale, memory issues (populations too large, image maps too large, etc.), and sometimes poorly formatted objects (less so as of the latest update).

- Oshyan

thats probably it, as in the picture ive used water at reflection 2 + a Power Fractal

i can get a quick render of it fine, but the full version dosent

zionner

Anyway, untill i find a way around that problem : here the same thing but in a smaller Resolution (same detail ect though)

old_blaggard

Nice water.  It's too bad you can't get it to render at a higher resolution.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

zionner

thanks, im still trying to get it done :p

zionner

It Finnaly worked!!!

Here it is...the thing ive been trying to render for 3 days!!

old_blaggard

The quality still looks a bit low, but the image as a whole looks fantastic!  I know you probably don't want to re-render anything, but that black corner is a little distracting - maybe lightening it up a bit would help.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

zionner

Ok, im doing the picture again, But With higher Detail Level, That hill at the side is out the way, I have a small amount of GI Detail in it to

ProjectX

what specs do you have on your machine? If you want I could render it for you on my laptop, it usually allows detail levels up to 1.0 (I just leave it on, so render times mean nothing to me).

zionner

I have Dual 2.8 GHZ Processors, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista, 256 MB ATI Radeon X1300 Graphics Card

I tryed out the thing where you can use both processors for the programm, but it didnt work for me

ProjectX

Ok, your specs are better than mine, well, my laptop anyway  :P.

zionner

Haha, Whats your specs?

And what Detail ect can your PC do?

rcallicotte

Nice water...

Quote from: zionner on May 27, 2007, 05:13:13 PM
Anyway, untill i find a way around that problem : here the same thing but in a smaller Resolution (same detail ect though)

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner