Object animation feature request

Started by Hannes, January 19, 2013, 06:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

During my last attempts to animate a tree in 3ds max and to import this .obj sequence into TG, I had an idea what feature I'd like to see in TG concerning wind blown trees.
In Max I selected a few vertices of the foliage and used soft selection to create a falloff, so that the surrounding parts of the vertices were affected too.
Then I added an animated noise modifier to create the movement of the foliage and the twigs.
Wouldn't it be possible to create some kind of a modifier that distorts an object let's say on the upper two thirds with a smooth falloff with adjustable sizes for the noise. Maybe one noise modifier for whole populations?
That way it would be possible to have convincing wind blown movement to make animations look more realistic (and to stop looking at Vue with envy!)
My solution wouldn't be absolutely perfect, but maybe create at least a more natural look.

Matt

Hi Hannes,

I plan to try out some ideas in this area this year. I think it's important to have convincing wind-blown movement that's easy to set up.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hannes

TheBadger

It has been eaten.