Misty glen - or is it a Monarch?

Started by ratfugel, January 27, 2013, 07:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratfugel

I am fortunate to live at the very top of a hill and occasionally in the early mornings or late evenings I see patches of mist in various parts of the surrounding landscape. being a relative newbie with T2 I thought I might try to get the feel of this into a landscape.

rat.

schmeerlap

The "Monarch" may be a wee bit oversized, but the render itself is great. I particularly like the clouds, atmosphere, and lighting; this is a good rendition of a typical Scottish highlands scene.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

mhaze

Beautiful mood and colour - the magic 1/2 hr photographer treasure so much! Agree with schmeerlap about the Monach's size.

cyphyr

Beautiful render, you've captured the mood very well.
Could be Rannoch moor.
Do you live in the  highlands?
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

ares2101

Love the lighting.  I haven't gotten the hang of doing sunrays like those yet.  In fact, I think I'll work on that next.

ratfugel

Blame my fearless leader for the Monarch (which according to somebody is a Hartford Elk , whatever that is), she said I was forever on about putting a centre of interest into every landscape, so this is what she got. That's better, she said.  Carry on baking, said I. Got to have some harmony in our house.

rat.

inkydigit

Quote from: ratfugel on January 27, 2013, 10:33:23 AM
Blame my fearless leader for the Monarch (which according to somebody is a Hartford Elk , whatever that is), she said I was forever on about putting a centre of interest into every landscape, so this is what she got. That's better, she said.  Carry on baking, said I. Got to have some harmony in our house.

rat.

I recognise this very well!!!

Great render/scene too btw!
Jason
:)

TheBadger

Agree with schmeerlap. Also agree with your girl friend. The animal does work like she said, its just that it does not seem to be standing well on the surface. And of course the scale issue.

Lots to like in this image anyway.
It has been eaten.