My First Couple

Started by Andrew, May 23, 2007, 11:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

These are the first couple images I've done with TG2... well, the one's I'm most proud of. The night one I did because of a couple tutorials I read on how to make overhangs, and import stars, though it's night mainly because I had no idea how to texture the terrain. :P

The rocky one was from another tut I read on the fake rocks shader. I think it looks really good, but at the same time I'm kinda dissapointed that they still look kinda fake. Mist in the background to mask that the terrain is completely covered in rocks.

Lemme know what you think!

old_blaggard

I like your colors on the first one and the detail of the displacement and rocks on the second one is quite nice.  I would personally ease up on the mist a bit and limit your rocks' distribution with a blendshader.  Also, it looks like you used an image map, and it's kind of low resolution in the foreground.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

ProjectX

Personally I think the second image is perfect, and you never hear me say that, so well done indeed! The first image is a bit too dark. I can understand silhouetting the terrain, but if you do, make sure the silhouette doesn't take up too much of the picture or we end up staring at a lot of blackness.

mr-miley

The second one is outstanding. Really nice  ;D I like the sunset (rise?) in the 1st one too. Keep it up.
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

rcallicotte

I really like the second one.  Inspirational.  Fog / haze is great.  Rocks and hillside textures great.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

The first would work better if you showed more sky, the silhouette while being very interesting dominates the scene and therefore takes away from it.

The second is very nice, the fog isn't too thick or too light, and the rocks are great.  :)

chefc

I like the atmosphere in Image 1 (abit more surface lighting to emphasize the work on the overhang )
Image 2 excellent work on fake rock shader
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

moodflow

About the rocks in the 2nd image.  They look quite painful to slide down your back on, which means you did a great job!  And the haze adds a great depth effect.   Its a long way back to civilization.  Nice work.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music