Dune's contest stuff

Started by Dune, February 26, 2013, 03:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Damn that's nice Ulco. I just find the lighting a bit too flat in the foreground vegetation. Fill lights being used? Or maybe just needs more GI quality.

- Oshyan

Dune

Well, I didn't pay very much attention to final adjustments, just quickly changed the quite dull lighting in Irfanview. In PS I would have done it better perhaps. I have saved an exr, so I'll check it out properly. There are no fill lights, just a very cloud filled sky, increased exposure in camera (1.4) and GI 2/2. I think with less 'normal' sunlight and a few soft shadowed fill lights, I could have produced more soft shadows under the objects. Might do a crop to try it out, but I'm eager to go to the next.....

By the way, here's an in between little test, which I will not pursue at this moment. I warn you, quite ugly...  :o

Oshyan

Yeah, understandable. I think I would just expect a bit more shadow near the ground with that density of vegetation.

- Oshyan

Dune

Here's my final.

Dune

And here's my next challenge; rockfall. The guy has a hard time getting from A to B. Pretty hard to get right, I can tell you. Still a lot of issues to handle.

Jo Kariboo

Hy Ulco ! I very like the "flooded road-version-2-4_final.jpg" . 

Matt

Ulco, you need to put this guy in all of your images from now on! :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

You've got a point there, Matt. Like a signature.

Dune

The guy's last phone call.

FrankB

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Dune

"No, sorry." (forgot the satellite).

Dune

yossam

Like them both............