yossam's contest ideas

Started by yossam, February 26, 2013, 04:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Quote from: yossam on March 19, 2013, 05:09:01 PM
Same iteration, just bigger and higher quality.

This contest has made me realize how badly I need a new computer.  ::)

This reminds me that next time we should try and get Intel on board as a sponsor ;-)

Oshyan

yossam

Is this one any better ?

Anybody.......................................... ;)

Gannaingh

I like it. The larger size allows the detail you have to be seen much better. The shadows are kinda lacking in detail; I'm having the same problem with my contest renders at the moment.

Dune

It is, I like the last one much better that the ones before that. The reduced mist helps. Maybe some more grasses and shrub (species) in the closer area, not making it denser, but more varied. That's all I can think of at the moment.

yossam

Render time 25 hours and change.

Quality:.7
AA:6
GI:3,3,8

If I start on the final now, it might be finished by the deadline.  :o

Dune

25 hours! That's along time. Ancient machine? For a small size like this, maybe detail 0.6 or 0.65 may do, as well as less GI (deafult). Try some crops with different settings before you start your final render. Would be too bad if the last bucket finishes an hour after deadline.

zaxxon

Some nice things going on in the image. Seems a combination of denser haze and shadows poses some challenges for TG, I also am having some issues with that. But I like the overall mood and composition and you're MUCH further along then I am!

Jo Kariboo

Yes it is better. I like vegetation in water and the mountain in the bacground but I prefer the version of "contest 21crop".

yossam

This is the final, just smaller. No post, just converted to .jpg.

I have to do a small amount of post on the .exr and will send it to NWDA.

Dune

Great, now cross your fingers and wait for the outcome.....

FrankB

Good job, Yossam! We hope you enjoyed the journey  :)

inkydigit

great job!
an excellent scene you have created!
:)

yossam

Yea, broke a thousand views................................ 8)

choronr

Quote from: FrankB on March 19, 2013, 06:40:19 PM
Quote from: yossam on March 19, 2013, 05:09:01 PM
Same iteration, just bigger and higher quality.

This contest has made me realize how badly I need a new computer.  ::)

This reminds me that next time we should try and get Intel on board as a sponsor ;-)

I live just a little less than 3 miles from the original Intel plant on Chandler Boulevard and Rural road.