yossam's contest ideas

Started by yossam, February 26, 2013, 04:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Made some adjustments....................

yossam

Low quality render, nothing optimized at the moment.

yossam

Lighting sucks, any suggestions ?

Jo Kariboo

Personally I prefer your image contest21crop.   :)  I am not sure for the monster in water. Perhaps worked over again the background of the contest21crop.

Oshyan

Hmm yes, I really prefer Contest21crop.jpg and feel it kind of veered off course after that. Latest versions have a very green tone to them, and feel very "muddy", compared to the sharp, detailed look of Contest21crop.jpg. If you can bring back that lighting and atmo, then add in the mist (white not green?) and perhaps the overcast-ish sky...

Just my 2 cents, though. Personal preference, no doubt. :)

- Oshyan

yossam

Hopefully this is better...............

yossam

Bigger of the previous post

yossam

My dinosaur of a computer finally finished this. Original at 1920X960, 31.5 hours and change.

Quality:.7
AA:6
Sun:1
Camera exposure:2.5
GI:3/3/8

I know the reeds need to be about half the size, and the water is too noisy. What other recommendations ..............?

TheBadger

Looks good Yossam.

I like the lower clouds a lot, they look especially nice.
It has been eaten.

FrankB

I like this one best http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15745.msg153504.html#msg153504

This had something that made this shot quite photo real in my view, and you have lost some of it along the way.
It's something about the scales and colors in this. But also, the bluesky looks more realistic than the later images with clouds.
Not sure how anyone else feels about it, but I mustsay I like that one best.

-Frank

Oshyan

Frank, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Subsequent images often seem to have a greenish tint to them.

- Oshyan

TheBadger

^^Yes. But compositionally the last image is stronger. If you kept iterations as separate files, yossam, perhaps you can go back to the earlier versions but also keep your composition like in the last post.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Agree as well. Maybe keep it simple without too much atmospheric stuff and Nessie monsters. Concentrate on realistic vegetation/surface from a compository well balanced image, like you started out with.

yossam

Played around with the mist.............this is lo res, low quality. Bigger one rendering, will post later.

I like Nessie  :P

Nessie will not be in the final render, that is for my next door neighbors' son. He is at the dinosaur (monster) stage.

yossam

Same iteration, just bigger and higher quality.

This contest has made me realize how badly I need a new computer.  ::)