So, who is participating?

Started by FrankB, March 01, 2013, 11:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

Hello folks!
well I can only echo James at the present, as I am very busy at the moment; but I have been tinkering...(thanks to everybody who has posted any road related clip files etc!!), I have learned alot,  but I have also discovered that I have a lot to do...many many SSS masks etc!
I have several wips going but, none worthy of sharing (just yet!) when I finally decide which path to take (so to speak!) I will post something!
The bar has definitely been raised very high so far... everyones work I have seen is looking awesome!!
see you back here soon!
Jason
:)

ajcgi

Hello all.

Reckon I'm a bit late to be starting this one. Will give it a miss, but am really enjoying seeing the other entries come along. Some of these scenes are really shaping up nicely!

Alex

FrankB

Please participate! It's a lot of fun, regardless of how far you come. I think there is still enough time to pull off something great!

Cheers
Frank

Paul

I'll be giving it a go as well. Have a vintage Chevy model that I'm trying to texture and pose just right.

Dune

I'm a bit disappointed in the number of entries and WIP's being posted (as well as new threads overall, I'm afraid). It's quiet on the forum, I wonder why.... The prizes are super and should pull a lot more people in, trying to win something. There's a lot of help about, so even beginners could be lucky if they struck the right cord.
There's still time, guys!

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on March 22, 2013, 03:05:17 AM
I'm a bit disappointed in the number of entries and WIP's being posted (as well as new threads overall, I'm afraid). It's quiet on the forum, I wonder why....

I suspect it's becuase the quality of what's been posted so far is a bit intimidating to some of us.  :)

Hannes

I'm a bit disappointed in the number of entries and WIP's being posted (as well as new threads overall, I'm afraid). It's quiet on the forum, I wonder why.... The prizes are super and should pull a lot more people in, trying to win something. There's a lot of help about, so even beginners could be lucky if they struck the right cord.

Come on guys, do it! When I read that "roadside" is the theme for the actual contest, I was tempted to give up before I even started, because I had no idea how to make a road.

Hetzen

I've been working on bits and pieces in the evening, which I'll post updates in a minute. I've got some time off next week, so will dedicate some of that to finish my submission.

Seeing others great work has certainly pushed up the bar, but for me it's a great opportunity to learn some new stuff, and have a finite date to get it finished by.

FrankB

that's the attitude to have! :-)

Oshyan

I'm going to be posting about the contest on the front page of the website as well as to social media in the next day or two. That will hopefully raise the profile a bit. :)

- Oshyan

choronr

Looking forward to that Oshyan.

Henry Blewer

I am working on a scene. There is some really stunning work posted so far. :)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

Quote from: Oshyan on March 22, 2013, 11:17:51 PM
I'm going to be posting about the contest on the front page of the website as well as to social media in the next day or two. That will hopefully raise the profile a bit. :)

- Oshyan

A bit late, but still appreciated ;-)

ajcgi

I'm a one project at a time guy at home usually, but I've been playing with roads today for the overhanging cliff scene I'm working on.
Made me want to try, but we'll so how the time goes. Got some more work coming in soon.
Plus I'm doing everything on my laptop lately... Graphics card in my PC gave up the ghost. Never thought I'd need my manufacturer's 10 year warranty, but um... I did. ;) So anyway the PC is super quiet compared to the laptop which sounds like it's going to die when I'm rendering on it. So freaking loud. Quick, but loud. I like to render overnight and quiet is good considering I rent a room rather than a flat. I have to sleep next to my renders. ;)
This is also why my cliff thread isn't updated atm.

Zairyn Arsyn

at first i decided not to participate, thats changed now... working on it right now...
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/