Hannes' desperate WIP thread. Finally done! (page 4)

Started by Hannes, March 02, 2013, 10:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

FrankB

Quote from: Hannes on March 21, 2013, 06:24:25 PM
Thank you guys, it worked.
I'm feeling a little lost being done after working for a long time on this image...

I can imagine that! Make another one!  ;)
It's the best therapy!

choronr

Dune

Fantastic job, Hannes. Well worth all your efforts, and I can imagine you're feeling a bit like people who stop working when they're 65. They drop in a black hole. Best therapy is indeed starting a new one.
I don't want to be picky, but there's one tiny thing that struck me; the hind rotor of the front helicopter. Did you use a water shader to blur it? It looks like a gray disc, and I would imagine seeing 2-4 blurred fans.

Hannes

Thank you all!
Dune, I know that the shading of the rotors doesn't really look good, but as I already wrote, it's the closest I could get. It's a water shader.
I'd love to make it look like in the picture you posted, but unfortunately TG doesn't support image map greyscale falloffs, so I have no idea how to make it look correct.

FrankB

the thing about the rotor may indeed be a bit picky ;-)

Dune

There is a method, Hannes. Try this.... (small fix-up in an army tent object) no waves of course, reflection set to 0. Image map shader to UV

TheBadger

Its great Hannes. The road is as crisp as I have seen. The lights work well at this quality level.

If you need something to do, do an animation of this scene!  :o
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Holy shit, it works!!!
Thanks so much, Ulco! I have no idea why this works, but now I need to rework at least the part where the helis are.
Dear NWDA-guys, am I allowed to update my entry? I'll send the new image to you as soon as it's ready.

FrankB

yeah sure. You may make as many changes as you wish until the deadline!
:)

Dune

Hannes

Hannes

Very small update for a so called finished image...