Hannes' desperate WIP thread. Finally done! (page 4)

Started by Hannes, March 02, 2013, 10:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Next iteration. I brought in the spaceship I made for another image, added some more garbage and some helicopters.

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

TheBadger

Hi Hannes. Fun Image!

I would eclipse the light of the sun a bit more. Right now you have the sun the ship and the figure as points of interest. 3 is a good number, but their not playing very well together right now.

Also if you move the figure just a little to the left that might help with balancing the elements in the comp, as well as create more visual tension, since anyone diving up behind him would be just as distracted as he. And, well, SMACK!
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Thank you. I have to say that I'm quite happy with the lighting at the moment, and I don't want to change too much there.
I'm going to add some more helicopters and start the fine tuning...

otakar

Love this! Totally explains the guy's stance. Should be great in high quality. Very creative :)

Dune

Although I really liked the 'more subdued' mystery, I think this will be great as well. The sign is a great find indeed!

Hannes

I added some more helis and a car.
Since there is no object motion blur in TG (yet!) I used a water shader for the rotors. It's not perfect, but this is the closest I could get.
A bit higher contrast and some chromatic aberration for testing.

FrankB

nice idea about the water shader for the rotors! :)

Hey Hannes, it just occurred to me, that the hills in the background seem to be a bit too rocky /vegetation-free, compared to the vegetation amount in the valley.
Could be intention, but could also be an oversight, so I'm just mentioning it.

The alien ship it still in a lit of pixel noise. How much do you have to bump up setting to get it noise free? I would guess that means a long render time.

Cheers
Frank

Hannes

You're right about the hills, Frank. I didn't want to make it too green, but a bit more would make it look better.
And yes, I am a bit nervous about the rendering time of the ultimate final render. The clouds are still a bit noisy too and there are the strange artifacts above the sun, so I will have to increase the samples and the acceleration cache.
But there is still time left...

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Hannes on March 14, 2013, 06:12:22 AM
...so I will have to increase the samples and disable the acceleration cache.
But there is still time left...

Yes to both :)

Hannes

Hannes

I broke up the road marks a bit and added a subtle layer of dust/dirt.
Don't know why there are holes in the terrain now (these tiny little light blue dots). I know that this is usually a displacement issue, but I haven't touched the road surface until now.

Jo Kariboo

I like road63 with this car, helicopters and spaceship. The guy are very ZEN !

TheBadger

High detail really helps.

Cant wait for the final!
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Actually I am rendering with a detail setting of 0.6, and I don't think that I'll go higher than this. Probably I will render in a higher resolution and resize the image afterwards.
These holes weren't there before. I didn't change anything in the terrain or the settings of the road surface. This is really weird. I disabled all the objects and most of the shaders for testing purposes and the artifacts are still there.
I am thinking of opening an earlier version and adding the further improvements step by step to see what causes these holes.