gregtee

Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

TheBadger

Is that a human at the end of the road?
It has been eaten.

Jo Kariboo

Thank you Kadri and gregtee !
@TheBadger: Yes it's a cyclist not very visible currently, I will put a more visible second of it on the next version, and more architectur etc.

Thanks for your visit !

Jo Kariboo

BAHHHHHH........ not finish........

Dune

Getting very nice! I very much like the pastoral look and the added houses in the distance. 
A few things, if you don't mind; the hind end of the cart is a bit too shiny, it's very black overall (small fill light perhaps?), the ruin may need some dirt, and most important, the road doesn't look like a road, but more like a dried stream or barren patch of soil, where the plants couldn't get hold. I suggest some hollowed out tracks, some smaller broken stones in the tracks, larger outside. 

Jo Kariboo

Thank you ulco for your comments, it's largely appreciated. I go tried to make certain correction with your suggetions. I think personally that the problem major in my image it is that it misses punch. I tried a other POV.

Jo Kariboo

A other version with some correction with a other POV and light.
Is it better ?

Jo Kariboo

vegetations: Ulco, Walli,Dandel'O, Mr.Lampost, Aymenk 2003
house: TurboSquid
cyclist: Terrade

not very finished. I work the sky

Hannes

Beautiful lighting. The house could use some textures.

Tangled-Universe

Great lighting, good rendering and also visually interesting. This is going somewhere :)

Nonetheless I still prefer the previous day-time version which had a much vaster sense of scale.
I think such scenes also make best use of TG2's strengths and thus are relatively more easy to get photoreal.

This latest version is relying very much on close-up rendering of vegetation and models like a house, which are as a matter of fact the weakest point of TG2.
So all in all personally I would feel more confident with finishing the previous version given the aim of the contest as this is becoming a tough one :)

Jo Kariboo

Thank you Hannes and T-U.   :)
Time passes, I know, I don't have the sufficient technical training to work over again the house. I go tried to finish a decent image. I understand your point T-U. I still will make some test and I will see for the light. Day light or the last one. Perhaps move the house further. Currently I don't know. Thank you T-U for your observations. 

FrankB

I like the image with the 5b in the filename better.
The vegetation is less prominent and the lighting is better. This is already a *very* good render, Jo!

Martin is right in that it's best to avoid rendering vegetation models in the forground. but if you must, make sure that these are really fine models.

Cheers
Frank

Dune

I liked the previous version better, sorry.  Wider vista, and less work to do to make it really good, I think.

Jo Kariboo

Thank you FrankB and Ulco.
Ulco I also like  the previous version in daylight, but the road remains too secondary and theme for the contest is the road.

and and................ Ouf !!!! 
Deadline for submission: Sunday, April 14th, but you can submit whenever your work is finished.

I had badly read. I believed that it was on March 14th.
Ok I go outside I have time.   :)