Badger's not so messy after all ;)

Started by TheBadger, March 02, 2013, 11:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Um :-[

Some things and some stuff, here, at some point.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Google road and see what grabs you. Try to replicate something odd, but realistic and feasible.

TheBadger

Ok, I got it in my head what I want to try.
Lots of stuff I haven't done before. I'll be spending a good amount of the time we have left just learning how to do things. Going to be a fun one if I can get it in by deadline!
:o
It has been eaten.

FrankB

I was just about to count the number of WIP threads, and yours stood out. Hope you're still in and have just been shy posting?

Cheers
Frank

TheBadger

LOL!
Im working hard in every spare second. Have endeavored to try a ton of things I have not tried before. And have learned more about TG in these last few days then in the last few years. I can work node trees in to specific forms now! And boy, does that make TG nicer.

I will have more than just this one road image soon. And while I can't say I'll impress anyone, I think at least I won't be a big disappointment.
So win loose or draw I'm quite happy. This contest has given me something specific to focus on, and not having a creative director/art director, that is very helpful to me!

Thanks for looking out for me 8)
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

not going to make deadline, only about 1/3 done with everything I wanted to try. But I think this is going to be the most real render I have done.
It has been eaten.

Zairyn Arsyn

road or not, i have to say that mountain peak looks nice :)

i'll just imagine theres a road on the other side of the mountain. ;)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Oshyan

Looks very good! Like the Scottish highlands, eh?

- Oshyan

mhaze

Beautiful colour and that mountain is superb!

zaxxon

I hope you'll stick with the image even though the deadline is today. The jagged peak and the coloring/texture work is really good, be nice to see you finish this one out.

TheBadger

Thanks guys. There will be roads, but probably prehistoric in appearance.

@Oshyan
Yes, I was heavily influenced by some photos from The Island of Skye (An t-Eilean Sgitheanach). <--Would love to here a pronunciation of that one.
I have several versions of this, mostly desert in nature. But when I saw the photos from Scotland I really got determined.

So, you saw scotland in the image right of the bat? So either you are very traveled, or I have done a good job with the base structure of the image.
I will work this one until its finished. I have a lot more details to add and refine before I can add plants and other elements.
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

Keep on with this highlands feel... Looks great!
Shame you were too pressed for time...
J

Oshyan

I have never been to Scotland, so yes, you did a good job of capturing its essence, the "base structure" as you say, at least as far as my eye is concerned. Those who have actually *been* to Scotland may disagree. ;)

- Oshyan