Darth's Road Entry - Final

Started by Gannaingh, March 05, 2013, 01:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

That's great, almost photo real already. An underexposed photo, but getting there ;)
What happens if you just up the exposure 3 clicks and render at detail 0.8 and GI 3/3 ?

Try a crop, of course.

Cheers
Frank

cyphyr

Looking very good :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

Wow, that looks excellent. Did you render it out to EXR? I wonder how much you can brighten the shadows, and if it looks realistic or just flat...

- Oshyan

Gannaingh

Thanks for the suggestions and comments everybody. I'll make some crop renders at GI: 3/3 to see how it looks.

@ Oshyan: I haven't renderd it in the EXR format yet, just the BMP. I plan on doing some EXR testing in the near future to see if I can do anything with the shadows...although I kinda like them being dark and mysterious-ish.

Jo Kariboo

I very like this one and the precedent to! This one are maybee like a photo but the veggie1 have a excellent depht and light !!!  :)

TheBadger

Good going Darth. Looking forward to the next iteration.
It has been eaten.

Gannaingh

Because I'm crazy...and not going to be using my computer for a good amount of time, I'm forgoing making some crop renders for you guys and going with a full render w/ high settings: .8 detail, AA 6, GI 3/3 to get an idea of what the whole thing will look like. Should be ready in about 12-14 hours.

FrankB

Gannaingh

Boom! 15 hour render. The high GI settings really make the road look nice. I think I went a little overboard with the dead grass and leaves along the sides of the road. I plan on adding some dirt/dust to the road surface as well as maybe a skid mark or two to git it a sense of being worn and used.

Oshyan

I think one word may suffice: wow! The yellow center line is perhaps a bit too dull/patchy though? Also, this may be specific to the US or California even, but white lines on the edge of the road? Would help highlight the stuff at the edges of the road if there were worn white lines being partly covered up.

Regardless, it's looking quite excellent.

- Oshyan

Gannaingh

Thanks! Oshyan, I do have white lines along the side of the road, the grass is just too thick to the point where the lines are almost totally obscured. I think it's weird that the center lines are looking patchy since there is nothing on top of them, I'll have to look into it.

Oshyan

Ah, interesting about the white lines. Then I guess I agree with you that the stuff on the edges of the road is a bit too thick. ;) As for the center line, it looks like the road surface might just be rough enough to be breaking up the center line color a lot. I rather like the way the road looks as-is, so I wouldn't necessarily suggest adjusting its roughness too much, but you could try a bit perhaps...

- Oshyan

FrankB

That's beautiful!

Personally, I would still increase the exposure, at least as an experiment. That would make the rays less effective, but at least we could see some more of the environment.

Frank

Gannaingh

I'll give it a try, Frank. The exposure is already at 2.5 so I don't think turning it up some more will be that detrimental to the visibility of the rays.