Hetzen's Road

Started by Hetzen, March 08, 2013, 03:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Block texture for the inner road done. Now moving on to the outer boundry.

Dune

Nice to see your crops developing, Jon. Looks like a moonlit road.

Tangled-Universe

Cool. I have something quite similar cooking (finally).

Looking forward to see more!

FrankB

Hetzen

Cheers. I'm enjoying this. It does look like a night shot atm. I think the base colour is too red, but as it comes from one PF, I want to see how I can use this as one tone in a few, that sweep across the landscape and therefore influnce the hue and saturation of the road.

A quick lazy update. Just trying out a tread instance on the previous texture. I've given myself the challenge to do as much as possible with just one displacement node. :o We'll see how that goes.

mhaze

Hetzen

Thanks Mick. I'm having a go at setting up my camera position and blocking out the colours and lines. I need to straighten out the road line, perhaps curve it into the right some more.

Dune

How come you work so terribly dark? It will be hard to judge the road ;-)

Hetzen

It is at the moment Ulco, I've got two suns in this, one lighting up the atmosphere and casting shadows, the other much lower strength ignoring atmosphere to help light the landscape. It's kind of the mood I'm going for I guess. I thought I should see how the scene would be lit with this sort of cloudscape to see how the colours react, and as my textures are quite editable, I can adjust areas if they need it.

Some more work on the atmosphere and trying to resolve reflection quality, which is still a bit noisy.

FrankB

I cannot see the road at all on my screen, Jon.

Hetzen

Quote from: FrankB on March 27, 2013, 07:57:42 AM
I cannot see the road at all on my screen, Jon.

It's because it's not there yet Frank.  ;D

The road texture should react ontop of my base colours, and that's what I need to plot out next. The grey road is just a marker, as the road function is render expensive, I've switched it off.

FrankB

Oshyan

'tis very dark indeed, but the clouds are nice. If the road is a little reflective and rough, to pick up some of the lighting in the sky, it could be a very cool, subtle composition. I guess that's what you're aiming for?

- Oshyan