Do you have notification problems?

Started by Kadri, March 06, 2013, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

After the server change it looked good at first i got notifications when i switched to Hotmail.
Now it is worse because Hotmail or Gmail doesn't matter much because i do not get all of the new posts only some get notification .
Today there were 17 something new posts and i got only 2 notifications . And no nothing in the spam folders.

The worst case would be only using the forum option to see the "unread posts since last visit" that i am using now anyway.
So nothing so serious but i am curios why this happens and if there are other users that have the same problem.

Oshyan

Do you have notification setup for every board? If not, you'll only get notifications on threads you've specifically subscribed to, or if you have it set to automatically subscribe you to threads you reply to, you'll get those. There is a "notify" link at the top of each board, so make sure you have that enabled. You can check all your notifications by going to Profile, then Modify Profile -> Notifications (this link might work http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=3 )

- Oshyan

Kadri

Oshyan only two boards weren't setup as notify.
The new contest board and the Terragen classic support".
If those posts are from these (i do not remember but most likely) then problem solved.

Oshyan

Probably many of the posts were from the new contest board. ;) But do keep an eye on it and let us know if you're still having problems.

- Oshyan