Mor's Roadside WIP

Started by Mor, March 10, 2013, 09:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mor

Thanks for the comments it really helps to see things! :) I agree with the colors too. I think the road became smoother, because I raised the camera. I'm tweaking the road surface now and hopefully get some improvements done. The road actually seems to be very wide now as you mention it Dune, and it really need to be narrowed a little.

Jo Kariboo

I prefer the colors of roadside_v1.jpg but for the road I like textures of roadside_v1_9.jpg.   :)

Mor

Here's new version. I changed the wheat color to a less saturated. The road is narrower and some cracks and bumbs are added. Also the small stones are tweaked a little.

cyphyr

Looking much better. Not sure where you locating your scene in the world but most agricultural crops have "tram lines" in them, parallel lines marking out where the tractor drove across the fields when the seeds were first sown and later fertilized.
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

Road looks much better, and less saturated field color also good. The whole thing still has a very yellow tint which I'm a little dubious about, but maybe just personal preference. It would be different if this appeared to be a sunset/sunrise and some justification for that color; as it is, it just looks like there's a fire somewhere. ;)

- Oshyan

Dune

Yes, much better now. A few remarks still, in addition; maybe more low grass (and some dead) in central road area, and not the few weeds that now grow solitary in the tracks. I would also warp the edge of the wheatfield (small fractal), or add an edge of broken, dispersed smaller wheat; the edge is very clean. Seed always spills  ::)

Mor

Quote from: cyphyr on March 30, 2013, 02:41:17 PM
Looking much better. Not sure where you locating your scene in the world but most agricultural crops have "tram lines" in them, parallel lines marking out where the tractor drove across the fields when the seeds were first sown and later fertilized.
:)
Richard

Good point, I'll try to add some and see how it looks.

Quote from: Oshyan on March 30, 2013, 05:14:26 PM
Road looks much better, and less saturated field color also good. The whole thing still has a very yellow tint which I'm a little dubious about, but maybe just personal preference. It would be different if this appeared to be a sunset/sunrise and some justification for that color; as it is, it just looks like there's a fire somewhere. ;)

- Oshyan

I noticed that too and wondered what caused it and after searching found it out. There is second sun and at some point I tested changing its color to green and then yellow and forgot the whole color change :D

Here's again new version. Quite lot of tweaking here and there again.

Mor

Little tweaking here and there and some more grass on center of the road and numerous crop renders. What you think, am I getting there?

Hannes

Wow, that's an improvement. The latest one is really great. The only thing that looks a bit strange to me is the lighting. May I ask why you use two suns? The lighting is quite flat. I'd love to see your image with only one sun and a little more contrast. You could also try a fill light setup instead of the environment light (in this case don't forget to disable GI).
In my opinion people are too often tempted to use two almost equally bright suns instead of one to brighten up the scene. The fill light setup does of course the same but a lot more subtle.
All in all a fantastic image. It looks like a place about one kilometer from where I live (except the mountains).

Mor

Thanks Hannes! I have totally forgotten the other sun. I'm rendering test with it disabled as there has been so many changes after I decided to use it. It's strength was only 1. Will post new version later.

aymenk2003

the road needs some stones...
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

FrankB

Agree with Hannes, this is a fantastic image.  :)

choronr

This is very impressive; you're almost there.

Oshyan

Very nice! Just figure out what is causing the even lines (almost like "stripes") in the vegetation *on* the road in the further distance.

- Oshyan

Hannes

I guess the stripes are caused by the population's spacing variation values. @Mor: which settings do you have?