choronr WIP Roadside

Started by choronr, March 22, 2013, 12:11:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Quote from: TheBadger on April 08, 2013, 10:24:36 pm
Its a good scene man. It has a real decent feel to it. Some good old fashion Syfy.

Adding the photo treatment should finish it off nicely. MAybe a historic look, like it fell out of a Roswell file? Don't render it to real though, Jesse Ventura will find you, and ask you questions in a very stern voice.

I think George Noory will get to me first.

Dune

The 6 years does it, I guess, as an i7 64 bit and with your specs it should render within a few hours. But good that you don't mind, it's a great image to wait for (and have a drink while you do it).

choronr

April 09, 2013, 02:09:10 am #47 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:12:00 am by choronr
Quote from: Dune on April 09, 2013, 01:45:28 am
The 6 years does it, I guess, as an i7 64 bit and with your specs it should render within a few hours. But good that you don't mind, it's a great image to wait for (and have a drink while you do it).

Thanks Ulco, its cooking right now. If I get lucky, I'll be building another system with the i7, 64 bit and some SSDs.
I played with the cactus settings and hopefully this render will be better. And, having a beer now as the render works on while listening to 'Coast to Coast' radio (a four hour program that goes from 10 pm to 2 am). Wish you guys could hear it. Go to coasttocoastam.com for the site.

Dune

Cheers Bob. It's too early for beer here though, still trying to wake up.

choronr

Quote from: Dune on April 09, 2013, 02:15:29 am
Cheers Bob. It's too early for beer here though, still trying to wake up.

Getting ready soon for a good night's rest. Had some high winds and desert dust today with light rain this evening. Will be cleaning up the mess tomorrow.

FrankB

Quote from: TheBadger on April 08, 2013, 10:24:36 pm
Its a good scene man. It has a real decent feel to it. Some good old fashion Syfy.

Adding the photo treatment should finish it off nicely. MAybe a historic look, like it fell out of a Roswell file? Don't render it to real though, Jesse Ventura will find you, and ask you questions in a very stern voice.


Actually, there is a contest rule preventing what you suggest, Michael:

Quote"Photorealism" means that the submitted render should look, at close as you can get it, like a photograph made of the scene by any modern camera with a general purpose lens. Submissions that attempt to emulate vintage photo realism, or the look of worn and bleached photographs do not qualify. (Rule amended March 7th)"


Regards,
Frank

inkydigit

hi Bob...I have a 2007/8 iMac... so I know what a long render feels like, I wish iMacs were more 'upgradeable'...maybe I'll save up for a mac pro next time!
:)
J

Oshyan

Don't worry about it Inky, Mac Pro's aren't really upgradeable either. ;) (aside from memory and hard drive space, neither of which helps with render time)

- Oshyan

choronr

OK, I have my hammer and nail in hand; and, here it is.

yossam

I like.................... ;)

Oshyan

I'll not dispute you calling it a day. It's a fantastic image. :)

- Oshyan

choronr

Thank you Yossam and Oshyan. This has been an enjoyable experience.

Hannes

Great image! I really like the mood.

choronr

Thank you Hannes. One could go on tweaking for a long, long time. Funny how some good ideas emerge when its too late to accomplish in order to meet the deadline.

Dune

You have done a great job, Bob. It's turned out really well. Subtle and still threatening. Now hope for the best....... :-\