inky's 'journey's end'

Started by inkydigit, March 26, 2013, 07:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

Thanks Badger and Lane!... Last couple of days left...so much to do!!...Badger...mmm, a solitary oak...perfect, that is the look I initially wanted, I think I have got that sorted now...& @ Lane, well, I have shrunk the biggest fake stones a little, but I may still raise the camera a little... not sure yet.
Lots to do tonight... plenty of crop renders, some object placements to fix and some re-seeding etc etc,

Cheers
Jason
:)

choronr

I like this last render; but, would like to see more light. Based on the clouds, maybe the scene is in shade. As mentioned before, a beam of some rays lighting up the center of the road would be nice.

inkydigit

Thanks Bob, don't think the sun is going to peak through the clouds in time for the deadline, but, who knows, I might return here for another day (or 10!)
:))
last few things to do...
J

inkydigit

...skin of the teeth....
title: 'Journey's end?'
had to abort render very late last night; (exploding stone syndrome) (22.5hrs!) don't ask (burning the candle at all three ends!!!.... :))
quick meltdown avoidance procedure kicks in...
eventually:
what a journey!
immense fun!
good luck to all!
J

masonspappy

That's actually quite nice! Good job!
- Cam

Dune

Good luck, Inky! There's more to this than you see, is my opinion.

inkydigit

Thanks Cam and Ulco... It is weird, but the image seems a lot darker in my web browser/devices (safari/iPad/iPhone) than it does in TG/photoshop etc on my iMac?
Cheers
Jason

Dune

It is rather dark and dull, actually. Like an overcast situation. But I thought that was intended.

inkydigit

Hi Ulco, yes it is overcast and in cloud shade... I think my iMac monitor is just a little too bright maybe... 
Cheers again
Jason

Oshyan

Yes, a bit dark, but I was surprised after seeing the thumbnail to get a rather nice sense of realism, calm, peace, contemplation. Nicely done.

- Oshyan

j meyer

The darkness contributes to the "there's more to it " aspect,methinks.
Nice one.

Jo Kariboo

Agree with Oshyan. A nice image Inky !!!