inky's 'journey's end'

Started by inkydigit, March 26, 2013, 07:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

The only issue I see is that it's not really about a road, and the contest is specifically a Road Contest. There's a gravely area, but I should change the POV to make it more as the centerpiece and work it out to be a proper road, be it a gravel road. That would be my advice. 

Tangled-Universe

The road can either be main subject of the image or a supportive element of the image subject.

Cheers,
Martin

Dune

Still, if there's a jury or poll, a clearly visible road may have more chance. That would be a large part of my criteria if I were to judge.

inkydigit

Thanks for the input guys... The theme is 'roadside' so I will keep that in the forefront of my mind( and image ) !
Cheers
Jason
:)

DannyG

always liked that render Jason, look forward to additional work on this Cheers man
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

j meyer

The beetle needs some axles.From this point of view there's really something
missing down there. ;)
Keep going J,J.

inkydigit

thanks Danny and J, concocting ideas as I type... onwards and upwards!
a new pov may solve the missing metalwork... maybe a new car... not sure yet...
cheers
J

inkydigit

ok, so I have been tinkering a little - I found this place, I quite liked it so, I tinkered some more.... there are some things that are wrong, these can be fixed easily enough I hope.... what do you think?
cheers
Jason
edit: btw, very minor pw=saturation and exposure...etc...

Tangled-Universe

Yeah looking good. The breakup of the road is very very nice!
The stones/pebbles could be a bit smaller and use a bit more detailing, perhaps.

What else are you planning?

Cheers,
Martin

choronr

Looking good Jason. Maybe a beam of sunlight shining down on the road would be effective as well.

inkydigit

Thanks Martin and Bob, the on the 'things to do' list include - fixing the fake stones-scale/textures etc...
Removing the stray daisies from the ruts - fix the tree placement -maybe remove or replace it- not sure yet? - increase exposure/GI settings, maybe some random weeds, a fence and gate before the field/ditch.... It has been said that TG tinkering never ends...how true indeed... More updates to come soon....
Cheers
Jason :)

inkydigit

Hi folks!
Here is the latest iteration:
Very minor pw =  saturation/contrast/jpegging...
Still some tweaking to do...
What do you think so far?
Cheers
Jason

inkydigit

the no pw version, just jpegged...

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Zairyn Arsyn

your last render looks great, :) though the only problem i have with it is the pov, its low enough to ground where you can easily pick out the fake stones

though the road does look pretty good already.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/