Judgement day

Started by cyphyr, March 29, 2013, 05:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Roll of drums, fanfare, flicker of lightening on the horizon. The blood red velour curtains are drawn to reveal ....

Erm, what? The winner, the judging panel, what exactly.

In short (sorry about the preamble and sorry if this has been already sorted) what will the judging method be? A number of options were mentioned at the start but if there has been a decision I'm unaware of it.

Some suggestions:

1. Get an industry pro to cast their eye over the final entries.
2. Get a "civilian" (someone with little VFX knowledge at all)  to do the same.
3. Public (ie: forum members) vote by poll.
4. Private vote, NWDA members decide, it is their comp after all.
5. Sponsor vote, well they are paying for it.
6. A combination of the above.
7. ?????

Just wondering really with no emphasis one way or the other. I'm really enjoying the challenge of the competition regardless of the outcome or how it's arrived at.

:)

Richard

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

FrankB

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't seen this post until now.

We have been quiet about the voting method as we were reviewing the possibility of public voting while at the same time preventing fraud (like buddy voting, fake account double voting etc...). Once we started getting our heads around this, we realized that it's actually relatively complicated to do, and it took a while to realize that it's not going to happen this way, at least not this time. I am still a fan of the idea, but we have to be realistic.

So in the end we decided to do jury voting again this year. It's fairly easy to setup and easy to control and reconcile.

Cheers
Frank

cyphyr

Cheers, thanks for the answer. As I said I'm not attached to a particular method, just interested. Yes once one starts to think about various kinds of voting system I can see it can become awfully complex.
Cheers
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)