Viewer resolution

Started by dorianvan, March 29, 2013, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

I'm trying to import an image map to match my imported objects. The image map is a crisp 15K image, with the house placements, but the viewer is anything but clear. Does anyone know how to get a clearer viewer image? Or another approach to getting my surface layer and/or heightfield to match with my objects?
-Dorian

Tangled-Universe

The 3D preview is an over-simplified version of your render, for speed/interactivity reasons and thus not suitable for these kind of situations.
To see your image more accurately you just have to render it.

dorianvan

Thanks, that makes sense. I thought I'd ask because in Max you can increase material resolution in the viewport.
-Dorian

Oshyan

Ideally you'd have alignment coordinates, and offsets if necessary, and just be able to align them correctly in a purely numeric fashion. Doing it by eye should be a last resort for this type of thing.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

When matching up image map to an object or a population I tend to select the Position center option and then use the coordinates from my object (if it's a grouped object from Max) or Population for the coordinates of my image map.. Then in the top view I measure the square my object is constrained to, or the size of my population, and assign those dimensions to my image map. Maybe that method would help. If the map rotation is off you can use a Transform shader to rotate around the "Y" axis till it lines up.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist