My WIP -Remembering Mom and Dad

Started by Paul, April 02, 2013, 10:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Here's what I have so far. It's difficult trying to get good lighting in the hills for depth yet have the car occupants lit as well. I need to add more vegetation also.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Paul

Thanks,
My father had a 55 Chevy Bel Air so this brings back some memories. I've seen some nice models but this was the most detailed I've seen. Found it on The3DStudio

Paul

I think I'm almost there. The lighting is looking better but I need to fully illuminate the driver's face. A few less rocks and more variety of plants would be good too. 

Oshyan

Foreground green cactus on the left looks a bit odd, otherwise quite nice overall.

- Oshyan

Dune

I'd reduce the haze to make it more real. Mountains now look like a backdrop. Overall is very nice!

Paul

I have one more tweak rendering while I sleep tonight and then will submit in the morning. This grass takes forever to populate or maybe I'm just overloading my computer memory. Just as well, I'm about sick of looking at this scene anyway but it's been fun.

inkydigit

I love the feel and sentiment here... has a real 'old movie' feel, which fits in perfectly!
you have put in plenty of work to this, and it shows!
very nicely done Paul!
cheers
Jason

gregsandor

To further put it in the time period you ought to replace the speed limit sign with something from that time.  Otherwise its a nice picture.