Another problem with Simple shape shader

Started by mhaze, April 04, 2013, 05:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

I was trying to create a waterfall with a SSS as smooth step is applied to all sides of the SS I wanted to cut the sides off and decided to use another SSS to do this.  Works fine as long as no shaping is applied to the sides. strange things happen if any edge shape is applied - see pics.

It would be useful to have an option to apply shaping to one, two or all four sides .

If anyone can tell me what I can do to cut these sides off and retain a nice curve  I would be grateful.

Mick

Tangled-Universe

Hmmm...I'm wondering whether the smooth step function has correct clamping applied?
Seems that 0 - 0 = <0.

Dune

Maybe this works better for you....

mhaze

I went for a walk and thought that clamping might work. So I added a clamp colour with a constant scalar set to 0 appied to the min input, does the trick

Tangled-Universe

Ah so clamping was the issue indeed...looking forward to see your waterfall Mick ;)

mhaze

Cheers Tu, but it was an idle thought brought on by Dunes post about transforming and rotating SSS's.  But a problem I need to solve so I may well do something later. I have 3 pictures in mind at the moment but I need to get away from my desk and get some more exercise