All My Days

Started by Markal, April 03, 2013, 05:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcgi

Quote from: ratfugel on April 08, 2013, 05:41:14 AMI'm so glad she's better at baking than Terragen

Haha! That is quote of the day ;)

DannyG

Quote from: ratfugel on April 08, 2013, 05:41:14 AM
Having read all the comments I went back for another look at this.  With a torch.  Joking apart, I think it has great merit. (My fearless leader was looking at this with me, and she said "Brighten it up a bit." When I explained that one cannot do that without extracting it and shoving it into Photoshop, she got all huffy and took off.  I'm so glad she's better at baking than Terragen).

rat.

Bit confused here Rat, Not that this image needs anything IMO but what "cannot be done" within TG, You have full control of lighting within Terragen. You have GI, Eviro Lighting, ambient and or fill lights with this version theres is absolutely no need for post processing except for some contrast if desired.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

alexlhvorov707

Amazing! And it's CGG! Eyes poping  :o

ratfugel

Hey Danny,  I think you missed the point here.  Nobody can change the actual printed image on this page without doing something similar to what I suggested,  However, no one doubts that any author could brighten an image simply by doing as you say, whilst it's still WIP on his (or her) computer.  This one chose not to. However,  as an addenda to all that, some of us are well aware that the average female mind, unsullied by such things as computers etc, has difficulty in appreciating the finer things in life such as Terragen, and makes daft comments every now and then. ( Which one has to take as kindly as one can, unless one actually likes spending some time in the doghouse). Lol.

rat.

DannyG

Thx for clarifying your comment. In regards to the female comment.That one will get u in the dog house for sure. There have been many very very good female Terragineers over the years. Above average for a woman as u put it.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

ratfugel

Terragineers? Terragenesses? they both sound most fearsome. Best kept away from? Actually, we both know at least one of these I think.  A Dutch lady, very dedicated. Still on T1 but enjoys it immensely. Good on fractals as well.

rat.

choronr

Quote from: Markal on April 03, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
Haven't posted in a while...I guess I still feel like a beginner or a rookie among you pros who know their stuff. I just tweak and doodle with very little knowledge of what I am actually manipulating in TG 2.  I experiment and try different settings and have learned to save often as I do use some wild settings that crash the image from time to time....I still love this program and space art....here is a more down to earth image. Its a remake of my "Once Upon a Time" image, named after the Alexi Murdoc song of the same name...if you haven't heard it do a search...its a wonderful song...I believe it belongs in the top 100 songs ever written.
Only post work was a slight sharpen and conversion to jpg.   Thanks, Mark
Mark, my image building process is pretty much the same. But, although this learning process is long and sometimes tedious, the outcome is usually rewarding.

This is one of your outstanding works. Looking forward to seeing more of this.