New Planetside Site Layout?

Started by Blackheart6004, December 24, 2006, 04:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Planetside should have a new site layout?

Yes! The current colors are crappy!
15 (65.2%)
Neutral.
8 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Dark Fire

I can't see what security could be breached so far. I can understand that they might not want a load of complex php powering the website written for them because that could easily provide security problems, but some html, stylesheets and pictures would not provide security problems and could easily be accepted and built upon, or at least considered as a possible new layout by the Planetside team.

MeltingIce

Yea I didn't use any php at all, its just html and css  :P
EDIT: Just added some text  ;)
EDIT 2: Wow I just noticed how far off the text is in IE, sigh... Please use Firefox or Opera or Safari to view it at the moment  :-\
^ fixed  :D

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

3DGuy

Would you rather have them working on TG2 or the website? I think I know the answer to that one ;)

Dark Fire

It still looks great in IE. I think it is much better than anything on the Planetside site (including their new T2TP page)

Dark Fire

By the way, 3DGuy, the whole point of us worrying about concepts here is so the Planetside team don't have to. I agree that TG2 needs a lot of work at the moment, and I would rather have them working on that.

MeltingIce

Quote from: Dark Fire on January 07, 2007, 09:19:56 AM
By the way, 3DGuy, the whole point of us worrying about concepts here is so the Planetside team don't have to. I agree that TG2 needs a lot of work at the moment, and I would rather have them working on that.
Yea, what he said  :P

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Jane

I think it looks nice too. I use Firefox and Safari, I dislike IE.
You talented people!  Everything you all create here looks wonderful to me.
Jane

Oshyan

I did not say anything about security issues. Anyone is welcome to make mockups of design ideas if they'd like but we are not soliciting such designs and are unlikely to use any that are created for a number of reasons. That doesn't mean we wouldn't consider working with a talented designer on a future version of the site, but that would involve a specific and clear agreement for that project. Certainly that decision might be based in part on previous design ideas specific to the Planetside site, but we do have explicit marketing requirements that will influence the design of the site and which would obviously need to be taken into account.

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

I still think that creating design ideas is fun, and a good use for our early TG2 renders. I don't blame the Planetside team for not wanting to adopt an idea that they haven't had much control over - they will want to get the next version of the website made well, as the current version is, to put it nicely, not great.

EdBardet

Work on TG2 ------ The site can wait.
Knotian

buzzzzz

Quote from: knotian on January 09, 2007, 01:29:30 PM
Work on TG2 ------ The site can wait.
Knotian

I agree with Knotian Totally. Personally I don't really care what the Site looks like as long as I can get to the Updates and Documentation. Besides I think it's fine.

Patting Matt on the back, just keep on with this awesome version.