Heightfield present but not showing up

Started by N-drju, April 08, 2013, 01:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Hello again

I am having a minor yet annoying problem with heightfields. I am saving the project and when I open Terragen the next time, I get perfectly flat area... I have to regenerate the heightfield once again and only then mountains and hills show up. Then, everything looks as it did before. What's wrong?

Heightfield fractals and 'heightfield generate' nodes (in short - ALL that refers to heightfield) are there in the node view, but don't show up directly after Terragen is launched. Also, all objects, atmosphere and shaders are in place. Except for elevations...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

yossam

Unless you check auto generate, you will have to generate the terrain manually.

N-drju

Like, each and every time I launch the project? I just saw it and checked it. Thanks.  :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

If you just want to keep the same exact heightfield, i.e. you are done editing it, then you can generate it then Right-click and Save As, specify a file name with .TER at the end, then use a Heightfield Load in place of your Heightfield Generate, load the file you saved, and you'll never have to Generate it again.

- Oshyan