Last week! Finish your projects on time!

Started by FrankB, April 08, 2013, 03:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hey guys,

it's simply amazing to see how far you have pushed the envelope this time! Truly beautiful and stunning images!

Now, there is now a bit less than 1 week to go before the deadline for submission kicks in!

Please make sure you finish what you started and that you send your final result to the specified email address. It would be a shame if any of the images in this contest would not be submitted, so please finish them all up on time.

Deadline is this week sunday, April 14th, shortly before midnight Central European Time.

What happens then is that a jury will go through the voting process. We will take at least a week for every jury member to cast their votes and for us to publish the winners.

I hope you agree with me that this has been (and still is) a very fun contest with lots of lessons learned. Once again I have the feeling that this contest has made us all more experienced artists and Terragen 2 users.

Best regards
Frank

mhaze

I for one have found this a great way of creating an image. Having your peers comment on your work as you do it really makes you think and push the boundaries. We should do it more often.

inkydigit

I agree with Mick and Frank.. this has been an excellent learning curve for me... amazing what you can do when you restrict your options a little...pushing those limits has been an enjoyable way to work for me too, I think we should do this more often for sure!

Anyhow... I have a good bit of finishing off  to do over the next few days, so...
I better get back!
:)
cheers
Jason

Hannes

I agree. I learned a lot of things and I loved it. Already looking forward to the next one ;D

Dune

Quoteshould do this more often for sure
.... agreed as well, but will there be such great prizes every time?

Gannaingh

I'd also like to have more. I personally don't think prizes would be necessary, at least for me. With friendly competition, we make ourselves better. We could make a "winners" gallery or something where the images are displayed. That way people could get some recognition for their work.

Dune

TheBadger

Prizes give a seriousness to things. Money talks. It doesn't say much, but what it says always sounds very profound.
;)
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

A gallery is a great idea! I don't want to hijack this thread, but back in the day there was Terracon...!!!

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/terracon/terracon_archives/index.html

for anyone who remembers...or doesn't!
:))

TheBadger

I thought there were regular contests on terranuts? I was going to try it this spring/summer. Is it gone?
It has been eaten.

FrankB

Quote from: inkydigit on April 09, 2013, 02:57:23 PM
A gallery is a great idea! I don't want to hijack this thread, but back in the day there was Terracon...!!!

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/terracon/terracon_archives/index.html

for anyone who remembers...or doesn't!
:))

Oh, I did not know that these old contest results are still up!!!
Immediately found one of my all time favourite TG Classic renders from Peter Kleiner http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/terracon/terracon_archives/archives/26-buildings/12.html

It's such a loss that he isn't active anymore. I guess we lost him over the complexity of TG2 and the total lack of documentation in the first year if TG2  :(

choronr

No greater pleasure than the interchange with your peers during these Terragen 2 challenges. Learning and meeting friends are the rewards.

choronr

Frank,

On your site, the instruction for send in our entry indicates to send as follows:

Please send your finished work through email to: nwdacontest at hotmail.com . This is not an email address and, I mailed my entry to you directly; is this OK?

Bob

FrankB

Paul

So what is the official email address for submitting your final image? I sent questions to nwdacontest@hotmail.com but did not get a reply.