Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

Wholly friggin function nodes, Birdman!

Nice work!    8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

bigben

Looks like you've got it  ;D

It would be nice if the colour adjust had inputs for the black and white points. You could then set up more useable inputs for the width of the mask.

From a usability point, in the absence of "macros", you might want to produce a simplified layout with three rows.... input, processing and output (but keep the other version for reference). This combined with grouping seems to be a reasonably functional interim. The full node layout is only really needed for redesigning... and of course people can do it for themselves  ;)

[attachimg=#1]

Harvey Birdman

Happy to be of service.

;D

BB - Oh, that's nice! (I'd keep the 'Flat Terrain Value' pulled out into the input row, though.) I was wondering how to make the layout a little less of a hog in the node view. Macros would be sweet; I'd even settle for the ability to minimize a group.  :)

Another final modification would be to change 'Direction Input' to 'Direction Control'.

<shameless plug>
And I must mention that these services are available to hire on a contract basis. If any of you have an idea for a cool shader but don't know how to implement it drop me a line. I can't promise I'd know how either, but I'd be willing to take a look at the problem. (I'm a bit of a rookie with the program, I'm afraid, but a little applied mathematics can go a long way.)
</shameless plug>

;) ;D

bigben

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on May 21, 2007, 11:02:42 PM
<shameless plug>
And I must mention that these services are available to hire on a contract basis. If any of you have an idea for a cool shader but don't know how to implement it drop me a line. ...</shameless plug>

Do you have a bird image we can use as a mask on a search light?  ;) 

Harvey Birdman

;D ;D

There you go. Let's see; a dodo? No, that was flightless...

<edit>

Still, the profile is probably about right...

</edit>

:)

bigben

Well I'm working on a functional fov mask for animations... if I run into trouble I'll light the beacon

PS. You might want to add the final version of the file to the first post in this thread.
[attachimg=#1]

Harvey Birdman

;D ;D ;D

That's pretty good! Seriously, I just posted a private message for you with my email address. Drop me a line.

Matt

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on May 20, 2007, 03:59:26 PM
Hey, this reminds me - if any Planetside people read this... doing this bit of function node programming makes the lack of boolean operators and constants painfully apparent. A boolean conditional node would be handy, too - have it switch a scalar output between two scalar inputs, dependent on the condition of a third boolean input.

I don't know if Jo was reading this, but a few days ago he added 3 new Boolean functions: Conditional Boolean scalar, Boolean NOT scalar, and Scalar to Boolean scalar (with an optional threshold input). They'll be in the next update.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Harvey Birdman

-