Saving an imported .Obj

Started by Andrew March, April 06, 2013, 06:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew March

This is a constant pain for me, can I save an imported .Obj file as a terragen object with all it's nodes intact so that I don't have to rebuild the surface everytime I use it in a new scene?

Oshyan

Yes, save it as a TGO (right-click the node, Save Object File, choose TGO; saving as OBJ won't maintain any Terragen-specific nodes/settings), or save the object node and any additional texturing nodes as a clip file (TGC). The TGC approach is better if you don't want to actually convert the OBJ to TGO (TGO is self-contained but cannot be edited later in other programs), but just want to keep the TG-specific settings in a way that's easy to add to other scenes.

- Oshyan

Andrew March

DannyG

Quote from: Oshyan on April 06, 2013, 06:44:51 PM
Yes, save it as a TGO (right-click the node, Save Object File, choose TGO; saving as OBJ won't maintain any Terragen-specific nodes/settings), or save the object node and any additional texturing nodes as a clip file (TGC). The TGC approach is better if you don't want to actually convert the OBJ to TGO (TGO is self-contained but cannot be edited later in other programs), but just want to keep the TG-specific settings in a way that's easy to add to other scenes.

- Oshyan

Oshyan/Jo is there any plans to expand this in the future..  Being able to save to other formats ? tgo to ?
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

jo

Hi Danny,

There are no plans to allow saving objects to other formats. TGO is TG's native object format so that's why it can save to that. There are plenty of object converters if you want to change the format of an object.

Regards,

Jo

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram