Red & Pink Image problem

Started by Tauceti38, December 24, 2006, 05:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tauceti38

I've been having lots of problems with TG2 where the image that is rendered is heavily tinted red or pink. I've included some images that show this problem. This has occurred in almost every scene I've created, although not in every render. Some times a render comes out perfectly, and sometimes it doesn't.

Tweaking the detail slider seems to change the result some, but it can also change when I don't tweak any settings.

I've noticed that the problem is more pronounced at greater detail settings, and has almost never happened at .25 or below. It also seems to be more common if there is a second planet in the scene.

Here are the examples:

Any ideas what's causing this? I haven't spotted any mention of it on any tg2 forums yet. Could it be a hardware problem? I've never seen anything like this before, either in the old terragen, blender, or any games.

Oshyan

Try turning off Global Illumination entirely and see if that helps. Set both both GI Relative Detail and GI Sample Quality to 0. Let us know if that fixes it.

- Oshyan

calyxa

the few times I've had that problem, I've "fixed" it by moving the camera ever-so-slightly and re-setting it - that has worked for me every time!

Tauceti38

Turning off GI does appear to fix the problem. I've had some success with getting it to go away temporarily by moving the camera, but it only fixed it for one or two renders, and it doesn't even seem to be doing that much any more.

Oshyan

Ok, if turning off GI resolves it, it seems like a manifestation of a bug we're aware of. It's in the development queue.

- Oshyan

Tauceti38

Glad to hear it, thanks for the incredibly swift response.

xanga433

That looks similar to the whiteout bug I posted about...are you using xfrog objects in your scene or alpha maps in your textures?

Tauceti38

Nope, I haven't gotten around to trying anything beyond the basics yet. It was just a basic scene with a second planet.