Colorspace issues with the output image.

Started by Regda, May 10, 2013, 01:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regda

Hi,

terragen is new for me so i'm a beginner,
i dunno how to change that terragen will render my Image in higher quallity.
If you look the clouds the Colors are like gif Images  :'(
I use filllights.tgc and cubemaker.tgc to create a skybox.
[attachimg=1]

i have put all used tgc and tgd files in the attachment.

greets
Regda

Dune

You have so many cloud layers that the star field is not even visible. If you take all clouds out and raise the main sunlight color to white, it's much better as a start. And better not use 1 for quality and 1 for AA, but the default to start with, say 0.5 and AA 4.

Regda

Thanks for replay.  :)
that the stars are not all visible is how i want it. :)
I want to render the Background 6times in 2048x2048px. (then i do it with Detail and AA on max settings)
I have uploaded a test Background in the attachments now, you can see there on cube0005.tif that there is the same Problem with the colors.
So i dont think that this Problem is because the many cloud layers.
maybe it is becaue the program render and want to save it as bmp, and if the Frame is renderd i can't change the quallity. I can only save it under different formats if it is ready with rendering but it don't helps because the file is allready renderd.  :-\

the cube0005.tif is 12mb large, so i have compressed it in a zip file.

greets
Regda

Dune

Well, maybe there's someone else who knows what's wrong here. Sorry, I don't see it.

Tangled-Universe

I have know idea what your problem is?
I wonder if there even is a problem?

The way I look at this is that

1) you have night type lighting ---> dull colours
2) you use fill light setup ---> no GI ---> dull colours

Clouds just look like this under these circumstances.

If a render is finished then it's always stored in the buffer at maximum colour depth @ 32-bit EXR.
If you save as .BMP then the colour depth is NOT lost.
Save it again, but then as .EXR and you will still have your 32-bit file.
As soon as you close the render window the frame buffer will be emptied and your image is gone.

Tangled-Universe

It's not the end of the world...I would start using GI and that will already improve it.
Furthermore you can tweak the clouds as well to let them have more variation in shading.
For instance, increase density from 0.006 (default) to 0.015 (for example) and increase edge sharpness to 15 or something.
As you can see the clouds will have a lot more detail and features, also in lighting.

To make sure that GI works for all 6 sides search for GI and cubemap/skybox on the forums and you'll find a lot of info.
Others and I have explained that about half a dozen times before so it's out there, definitely :)

No need to give up on this ;)