Frontyard - Non Tg render thingy

Started by Walli, May 05, 2013, 12:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walli

this is a scene I have been working on the last nights, rendered with Cinema4D and Vray. As always all plant models are self made. Also the first time, that I was able to use the Laubwerk plants on a private project.

High res: http://wallis-eck.de/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/landscaping1_37.jpg

yossam

OK, so you took a photo and trying to pass it off as a render.  ::)

Just kidding. This looks real !  :o  Great job, as usual.

Zairyn Arsyn

clouds look real as a photo, i'm assuming its a image map backdrop or something right? ;)

either that or C4D has clouds that would give TG a run for its money :D

like it.

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Walli

sky is a backdrop, mixture of a HDR environment and some clouds mixed in in post - I rarely try to create 2D or 3D clouds with Cinema, which actually has that option. If you have a clear sky, then you can use Cinema´s or Vrays sky, but for everything else I either use a sky-backdrop done with TG or from mother nature.
If I need something specififc, because of lighting or whatever and I am not happy with photomontage results, then I usually use TG to create sky and clouds, like in the pine render on the island.

Dune

You're an absolute master, Walli. Incredibly real. The only give-away would maybe be the very clean grass, without any dried or ill blade or a tiny weed taking its chance. The trees are awesome.

j meyer

That's a very well-groomed garden.
If it's supposed to be german a Gartenzwerg is missing. ;)
Great trees indeed.

TheBadger

@ Walli
There is so much in this that is really darn nice!

@Dune
"clean". It is the primary thing that gives away most 3D now. I swear if everyone started getting obsessive about the things you described, no one would beable to tell the difference anymore.
But in the case of this image, the "cleanness makes me think of a home and garden article or advertisement from the 60's. Very clean and perfect.
It has been eaten.