crashed ship

Started by skarlath, May 04, 2013, 01:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skarlath

Does anyone know how you would do blown dirt/sand thats built up around a crashed ship or something on the surface of a planet
sort of like this

Dune

With a bit of masking it would be doable. Use the painted shader or a warped simple shape for an approximation of the outline of the ship, or a painted mask from Photoshop. Raise the sand inside that mask. This is a 20 second setup....

skarlath

seems a lot simpler that i thought, dont suppose there is a way to see your obj model in the viewport, so i dont have to guess where to paint

j meyer

...dont suppose there is a way to see your obj model in the viewport....

Set the model display mode to wireframes instead of bounding boxes.
One of the buttons right above the preview.

skarlath

wow im blind, ive never noticed that before, thanks a ton

dream

woow this looks very nice

may i ask how do you fit the uv map on the obj.
I search on this forum but didn found any post what do really explain how to fit a uv image map to a obj like spherical or cylindrical and or object UV mapping if this available
I know that the uv map still global but how can i set the obj to the global position and map it with a texture and then move it to another location on the scenes

would be great if someone can explain it or point me to any tutorial :)

skarlath

Quote from: dream on May 05, 2013, 08:46:11 AM
woow this looks very nice

may i ask how do you fit the uv map on the obj.
I search on this forum but didn found any post what do really explain how to fit a uv image map to a obj like spherical or cylindrical and or object UV mapping if this available
I know that the uv map still global but how can i set the obj to the global position and map it with a texture and then move it to another location on the scenes

would be great if someone can explain it or point me to any tutorial :)
i didnt make this, this is a image i grabbed off of google search just to show what im aiming for, but for texturing a object, all i do is uv map it in a program, export as .obj then apply a multi shader to it the default shaders inside that, it will automatically map it to the uvs

dream

Quote from: skarlath on May 05, 2013, 08:47:30 PM
i didnt make this, this is a image i grabbed off of google search just to show what im aiming for, but for texturing a object, all i do is uv map it in a program, export as .obj then apply a multi shader to it the default shaders inside that, it will automatically map it to the uvs

I see i will try that and what about multiply texture on 1 obj when you export it will it also export the multiply id of the obj

and which program do you use to apply the uv map because i try to apply with 3dsmax the uv map, move the obj to the zero position with the axis  and export it as obj to terragen then import it but it looks different in terragen and its a bit hard to figur  out the mapping on it