Canyon Blaze final

Started by choronr, July 06, 2013, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Here is the 'final'. Many thanks to Dune and Hannes for offering their help to attain better displacements in the distant area; and, their explanations of the nodes set up. The has been a great learning experience for me.

TheBadger

I get a Texas meets Wyoming feel from this. Maybe AZ. I cant tell. Definitely feels like high desert though.

The only thing this image is missing is ranch hands on horse back surveying the fire.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Great Bob! Glad that I could help.

mhaze

Excellent image worth waiting for.

Dune

RichTwo

Looks like you've done the  homework, Bob and nicely replicated.  No doubt AZ is now seeing its share of wildfires.
They're all wasted!

choronr

Thanks to you all. Yes Rich, we hear about another fire very few days. Up north in the high country, they have storms spurring lightening which is usually the cause for the fires. Here in the low desert, we haven't had any rain since March - and then, only 0.06 hundreds of an inch fell. We normally get 6+ inches a year. As they say, 'its as dry as a popcorn fart'.

masonspappy

Quote from: choronr on July 11, 2013, 08:59:24 PM
... Here in the low desert, we haven't had any rain since March - and then, only 0.06 hundreds of an inch fell...'.

Would be very happy to send you some of our water. Here in Carolina it's rained 15 out of the last 16 days. Even the ducks look miserable.

yossam

It's the same in Atlanta. Normally, at this time of year the PTB have implemented a ban on watering the yard and washing vehicles. It's been monsoon season for the last month. And it's not just rain, we have had some hellacious thunderstorms to go with it.