Catching the morning sunlight

Started by Jonathan, May 10, 2013, 10:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Hi Folks,

It's been too long since I dabbled with TG2 - pressure of modern day life I guess! Anyway, knocked up something simple - and wanted to do something that felt like an early morning scene. C&Cs welcome as always![attach=1]
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Dune

Nice and crisp and a pleasant wood to walk through. I like the textures on the trunks, great. One thing; I would make the ferns greener, and add some 'disease' by way of a power fractal with tiny black/brown dots and patches. A little wear and tear, so to speak.

Jo Kariboo

Beautifull !!! Very nice light. I like the detail of bark.   :)

Zairyn Arsyn

welcome back Jonathan

are you using RTO?

this render looks really nice overall but the details on the trees in the foreground look flat & unrealistic, doesn't look like they have any displacement or bump maps at all. 

thats my only issue with this scene. everything else looks good for me. ;)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

ADE

that looks nice, personally bracken would have fitted better here....but im not putting this down, great work :)

TheBadger

the two trees in the middle are really popping. Is that just bump that works, or is it displacement?
Its a good composition. But why do some of the textures have depth but some are flat?
Dont get me wrong, I have aganized over this stuff my self. Even going so far as to render twice, RTO on and RTO off, and then masking one over the other in PS to get everything I want in the same image. A pain.

so I always want to know what others are doing.
It has been eaten.

Jonathan

Thanks all for your comments - the trees are Xfrog and I had RTO off - I will try to look at doing something with the ferns (I think they might be Walli). To be honest I only took half an hour to put it together, so will spend some more to try and improve the scene. Not sure how to improve the Xfrog trees though - any (detailed!) suggestions welcome!
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!