MIG-25 - Earthviews - To the edge of Space

Started by Sethren, May 31, 2007, 12:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

That has to be the coolest job in the world.  8)

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

I thought the uptempo music didn't really fit with the Mig25 vid, and it was a bit boring with the low resolution and slow turns, but cool nonetheless. I would love to take a ride, anyway. ;)

The high altitude skydiving is super cool. Amazing that he broke the sound barrier! I wonder what that felt like.

In the BBC Planet Earth series there are some amazing views from space, both real and composite/rendered. I previously posted a link to some FTP downloads of shuttle launches and subsequent views from space as well that IMO show the world from space much better than either of these, but both are still very cool.

- Oshyan

Sethren

Quote from: Oshyan on May 31, 2007, 01:11:10 PM
I thought the uptempo music didn't really fit with the Mig25 vid, and it was a bit boring with the low resolution and slow turns, but cool nonetheless. I would love to take a ride, anyway. ;)

- Oshyan

During a very high altitude flight such as this one, fast turns are hard to do because of the thin density of the air. The more dense the air is the more quick the turns are possible. I had to ask my dad this one because i was curious on why this is so.

I do wish the resolution of the video was better but You Tube had silly restrictions which is unfortunate.

rcallicotte

Amazing we can fly that high.  Thanks.  It helps to see the real thing for when we're working in TG2.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

I think bittersweet symphony would have been a better song for it though.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.