Old Rail

Started by ADE, May 12, 2013, 08:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADE

spent 40 hours between modelling,placing and test renderings on this one....a sad problem when the grass or any plants grow thru objects, i tried to fix that in PS in some areas, C/C welcome

Lady of the Lake

Wow, love the idea of this one.  Very nice.

TheBadger

Lighting and atmo are real good.
Ivy on the tree is nice. Tunnel looks good too. Tracks also look good.

The wall on the left feels a little flat though. I think I see a bit of bump, but perhaps not as much as would be best. Displacement on the textures for the tracks rust may or may not be necessary.
Theres something a little funny with the ivy on the wall camera left.

40 hours from modeling to rendering does not sound terrible to me. If you did everything your self I would guess thats a good time.

Try rendering one in RTO off to go with your on (or the other way round) And then mask in photoshop. This method gives the most amount of control over objects displacements, for the time being.

The negatives I mentioned only apply to a still image, I think. An animation where (for example) the camera is trucking from left to right, to some other area of interest, Would look good. None of the issues I brought up would mater then. But for a still image there will always be time to find issues.

Very nice over all!
It has been eaten.

ADE

thanks for that badger, it was a mistake i done while modelling the wall i had to photoshop the gap, but u picked it up, topman for sharp eyes, u saw it....as for quick modelling, i modelled these pretty sharpish without as much detail as i dint need it for this type of render, i was hoping most of the wall on the left would be under shadow, again you picked up on it.....no wonder you name is the badger, badgers eyes are sharp in darkness.....topdog....or should i say topbadger ;)

TheBadger

Hey Terrade,
What are the tree your using here, especially the ones in the background?
It has been eaten.

ADE

trees im using in background are leafless birch