experiments with a moss shader

Started by kalwalt, January 30, 2015, 09:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

I m experimenting a shader to render mossy surfaces, not finished yet but tell me how it seems. I'm developing it for the NWDA iceland contest http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,19532.0.html I used as starting point the snow NWDA clip, so i can't post the file. i think it will be quite good for medium distance, for close distance need an obj population to add detail.
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Oshyan

Not bad. Looks a bit like ice plants. Maybe a little bit less displacement (just a bit)? Also, for Iceland, a bit more yellow in the color, and maybe a little lighter shade with slightly less saturation (depending on the season).

- Oshyan

kalwalt

Thank's Oshyan for the comments, i'm working on! :D
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

bobbystahr

very nice and with Oshyan's recommendations will be great from the photos I've seen. Walli made a lichen plant that works great on flatter surfaces like those in your pic. It's here so search Lichen...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

kalwalt

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 31, 2015, 07:12:14 PM
very nice and with Oshyan's recommendations will be great from the photos I've seen. Walli made a lichen plant that works great on flatter surfaces like those in your pic. It's here so search Lichen...
Sorry, i didn't see your post... but yes Wally lichen is great and i found also your example somewhere in the forum! :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

bobbystahr

Quote from: kalwalt on February 06, 2015, 05:06:27 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 31, 2015, 07:12:14 PM
Sorry, i didn't see your post... but yes Wally lichen is great and i found also your example somewhere in the forum! :)

Great....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist