Some renders...

Started by Dune, May 24, 2013, 02:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Well, some (half finished) renders...

masonspappy

I really like #2.
Wasn't sure about #3 . Is that supposed to be firelight reflected on the cliff facing?

Volker Harun

#2 is my favorite, too. Very serene image.

mhaze

Love no 2, just like the moors where I live.

Bjur

#2 looks great.

The road sign feels a bit out of place and also way to small compared to your road and it's wheelpath and track width (imagine a wagon and horses beside the sign). You could move it a bit to the right into the green, the bottom hided by a little bush maybe.
There is no generally need for visual adds in all, as your scene is very strong and evocative right now, even your picture is just half finished yet. But i have to admit that i am a real fanboy of the "less is more" philosophy..  :)

#1 looks great too! i like the details of the dust and sand on the ground and street and for it's framework / image buildup!

Just your buildings are bringing down the overall optic at this moment and need more detailed and rotten textures. They are looking too "clean" for my eyes (like bricks).
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Dune

Nr 1 is something I tried when helping Bastien making a closed race circuit, nr. 2 is the latest, and indeed the sign and road width are off. Nr 3 is a 200m deep cave, internally lit by some fires, and some smoke column (but at the wrong place), but the cave (inset by 2 SS's) is hard to see.
I won't pursue these, I'm afraid, as I just got the idea to make a Roman Border image again..... with a wide river, the Roman highway along the Roman border and some watchtowers.....

folder

Dune

number 2 is my favorite, really like the post war and bleak feeling it seems to invoke. as to the road, if i may ask. did you use 2
similar SSS, 1st for basic shape the 2ND with transform shader to form tje ruts ,and a bit narrow with displacement to get the depth.  just starting to basically understand the SSS and find it very interesting

thanks

folder

Markal

I like them all and wouldn't give up on any of them....they have great potential!

Dune

@folder: indeed. But I used the color of the doubled rut SS to drive the displacement and the placement of fake stones in different sizes.