Modo Linux

Started by efflux, May 29, 2013, 11:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

Modo is released Linux native.

I only have to boot to Windows for TG2. The rest of what I need is on an Arch Linux system.

As for the new Photoshop subscription licencing joke. Well, I never used Photoshop but on Linux, Krita is now a better app for painting. There's also Mypaint which is a Sketchbook Pro type app. Very good and simple to use. There's also Gimp and Inkscape which is a great for vector work.

Then we have various other proprietary apps like Maya, Mudbox, Nuke, Mari and 3D Coat.

The only Windows orfan that a lot of people use is Zbrush.

The naysayers were wrong about Linux. It's king now. Goodbye Windows and as for Apple, where are their power desktop systems? They might as well have handed it on a plate to Linux.

The only area where Linux has failed is with audio. I use a Mac Mini for that.

TheBadger

Quoteand as for Apple, where are their power desktop systems

Hold that thought until at least the end of the year (hope not that long) Then we will see if they are fixing the problems. As I understand it, the new towers may be built entirely in the US by paid lador ;). that would explain the delay if they have had to construct manufacturing systems state side.

Apple did a lot for me, in a way. So I am willing to give them the chance to get back on top of this. But I have a lot of complaints lately too. So we will see.
It has been eaten.

efflux

I'm actually a fan of Apple computers. I have two here. An older Macbook Pro and a newer Mini which is great for music. Nice and silent which is crucial.  Works out the box and works forever without problems which is the beauty. The delay between ending the older power desktops and bringing out new ones is very damaging though. I had a desktop Mac G5 at one time. Never again. Expense is just too much. For smaller systems or even Minis or iMacs, I think they are great.