New to Terragen 2 and some thoughts

Started by londonsmee, June 20, 2013, 10:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

londonsmee

Hi just started using your lovely terragen and have some thoughts on its layout and UI.

When your preview is not your render view have a small warning triangle or alike have.
Have the ability to group them or subgroup, so as to make it easier for finding objects.
Have a change colour of different types of objects blue for singles, purple pop objects etc.
Allow for copy and paste of objects with their altered states. 
have click able view,hide,box or wire frame parameter at the end of the name in object window.
Also select all add change the above.
In the render view window have clickable choice of available renders.

Thanks for a great program makes me want to do graphics again. :)

Edit

How about meta tag on rendered images showing the rendering details, time, aa, camera fov etc.

N810

Well I got good news and bad news...

Bad news first.

Terragen 2 is no longer being developed.  :(

Now the good news.

It's because they just released Terragen 3.  ;D
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

londonsmee

lol glad to hear of 3 shame nothing for 2 :)

N810

Yea terragen 3 literaly came out a couple of days ago,
you should go check out some of the amouncements.  ;)

londonsmee

have signed up with a hope to winning one but that's about the only way going to get a copy to start with.

Will there still be a free version of Terragen 3?
Yes, absolutely. We have found this approach to be very beneficial both to us as a business and to the community and we plan to continue it.

Now that sounds interesting :)

N810

Yea eventualy there will be a free version,  :D
it usualy laggs a bit behind the retail version
by... oh around 6 months or so.  :-\

londonsmee

gives me 6mths to hone my skills to be adequate :)

Tangled-Universe

Well if you don't want to wait 6 months every time a new version is being released then buy it so you'll always be among the first :) if it's possible of course! :)

Oshyan

When your preview camera angle is not the same as your render camera, 2 things happen. First, the button on the far-left of the bottom 3D preview toolbar "pops out" (becomes shaded as if 3D); it will pop in again if you click it to copy or "set" the view to your render camera. Second, the icon for the next button to the right, which shows the current camera view, will change to indicate it is viewing a different camera. Usually this will be the Perspective camera, which looks like a little pyramid with a red and a green side, but there are other views as well, e.g. top, bottom, etc, each with their own icon. When you click the "Copy this view to the current render camera" button, the icon for the camera will change to be the same as that button, i.e. a small landscape icon.

Object grouping is planned for the future.

There is per-population coloring in the 3D preview in Terragen 3.

Copy/paste objects should preserve any changes that are made to the node settings; it's really just copying the nodes themselves.

The view style of objects is specified from within the node's settings. There will be some new options in Terragen 3.

Some of your other ideas are being considered for the future.

I hope that helps. Look for more information on Terragen 3 soon. :)

- Oshyan

jo

Hi,

Quote from: Oshyan on June 20, 2013, 10:22:24 PM
There is per-population coloring in the 3D preview in Terragen 3.

You can choose a colour for objects as well.

Regards,

Jo

londonsmee

Thanks for the info guys, best of luck with your release.  :-)