PRISM

Started by TheBadger, June 07, 2013, 03:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

I might be a little nihilistic here, but it seems that "laws" are made for the people to adhere to, not for governments.
I don't think think any sort of secret operation would have to adhere to any laws, in practice.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: TheBadger on June 08, 2013, 07:16:05 AM

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU BE SO CALM! IM FREAKING OUT.[/size]

Yes, and then?

Inside I'm as freaked out as you are, bet I am.
Also I realise there's extremely little you can do about these secretive things. Hence, secretive.
This has happened for who knows how long and there was nothing we knew about or can do about it.

Now that it's out in the open about PRISM, Facebook et al. tumble over each other to be the first to say they know nothing. Sure.

I've said it many times before in many places. Democracy, freedom, whatever you all want to call it....it doesn't exist these days.

Corporatism FTW and an EPIC win they are making.

The only way it will end is with a global financial catastrophy, causing deep recession and increasing poverty which will piss people extremely off. *1
Then they will realize that one of the foundations of capitalism, which is that only governments have the monopoly on violence, is bullshit and used as an instrument to control us.

The only way the people can win this is by force and especially people from western countries are raised and imprinted/indoctrinated with these capitalistic foundation that only governments can play for judge and executioner through violence.

It's for a reason these principles aren't really working in Turkey now and also in Egypt and Libia before.
Capitalism didn't have such a solid foundation there in people's minds and thus people have much little trouble with getting what they want through demonstration and violence against their government. **2

*1: the current crisis is kept alive by the FED, which keeps on flooding the world with non-existing dollars, and the ECB which lends money almost without interest.
This is devaluating all economies world-wide causing extreme budget cuts and increases in expenditures for normal people. Already lots of people in the USA live below the poverty line as we say here and also here in The Netherlands people get poorer and poorer because of this.
People feel highly demotivated and beaten senseless by the seemingly never-ending crisis.
But corporations and governments have the solution of course. Just hand over everything about your life to the corporate government and all will be fine.

Many refer to this as the New World Order, which unfortunately is being used too many that it's losing its value and seriousness, but eventually it will go this direction.

**2: There's also democracy of course which makes this even more complex. Democracy and capitalism in its current form are like how the bible and quran call interest the purest evil.

PRISM and all the other things we see are products of corruption.

TheBadger

Turns out Im not a drinker. Guess Ill have to face the end of the world like everyone else... Curled up in the fetal position waiting for "them" to come and kill me.

[attachimg=1]

In all seriousness, Im really very saddened and ashamed of all this. Its disgusting stuff. It looks like the paranoids and the fanatics were all correct. Again.
It has been eaten.

cyphyr

Yep, the one thing I have learned about conspiracy theories is the more ridiculous it sounds the less likely we are to believe it (obviously). Just think what that lil bit o psychology lets some people get away with.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

TheBadger

Your not making me feel better Richard  :P

Im starting to get the feeling that you guys are used to this sort of thing... Disappointment, abuse, heartbreak? Not sure really what words to use. All I can come up with is curse words. And Im sure planetside does not appreciate that too much.

Lots of cursing going on here.  :-\

Cant stand these A&*^ H*(&^ media people who are defending this crap. Im really getting filled with anger. I need to figure out a way to chill before I get a hernia or something  :o

Looking forward to monday when the news is back in full swing. I am hoping by the end of the weekend there will be some real information. But most importantly the congress will have had time to pick sides. I want to see who is going to forcefully come out against this. I want to hear the word impeach. And I want to hear it from someone who is not a "wing-nut".

It has been eaten.

Dune

It's good that we aren't here anymore in 100 years (or less)  ;)

cyphyr

Oh good, according to William Hague (current UK Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State):

"Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear from UK intelligence gathering"

and

"It is fanciful to think GCHQ is trying to circumvent UK Law in its intelligence gathering"

Glad that's cleared up then, I feel so much better.
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

freelancah

Just the other day I was looking at all the data that google collects. I had over 30k searches made since 2009 and I could view all of em individually.. I bet there is a lot more data in other services I use too.. One who has access to this can just sort all of the data and then build a pretty detailed profile about people..Google says it uses this to enhance searches and customize advertising..yeah sure I bet they do that and a lot more too :P I too have always assumed this kind of thing is happening.

cyphyr

Interesting, where did you find this data?
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

TheBadger

QuoteJust the other day I was looking at all the data that google collects. I had over 30k searches made since 2009 and I could view all of em individually

How did you do that?
It has been eaten.

cyphyr

Ah found it.
Did search (ironically) for "google search history" the top result is My Search History. Probably only works if you have a Google account.
Seems you can search your own history and delete things (just removed all links to petroleum jelly etc)
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

FrankB

Of all the news here, what surprise me most is the apparently widespread (ab)use of petroleum jelly by otherwise generally respected forum members!  ;)

I don't want to know more. Please!

:o

TheBadger

lol  ;D That is too funny!

Guys. What does it really mean that you are deleting your history on your google accounts? Did you find any place that google says to delete from your account is to delete from the earth? Or what? I have never heard of this. What do you think about it?

I have g-mail. Does that mean I have a google account? Whats the difference?

On PRISM,

Apparently there are multiple programs. And not all are as Orwellian as PRISM. Apparently PRISM does look at content of communications and data.

And you know none of this would concern me as much as it does. If not for the the long list of other abuses of power from the Obama administration. Obama said in a press brief the other day that, "IF the people don't trust me, and they don't trust the congress, and they don't trust the courts, well than, we are going to have a problem".

To wich I say stop killing kids with drones, stop using state agencies to persecute political dissenters. STOP LYING ABOUT EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! Stop being a low down shady hypocrite lawyer/politician. Stop waisting trillions of dollars on ideas that even children can see are stupid.
Just stop being President. Go home. And be all the things that you are, where the rest of us don't have to look at you or listen to you. And take the congress and judiciary and bureaucracies with you. You can all go live in Detroit, and be one big F-uped dysfunctional family.
I say we should start over with all new people

"IF the people don't trust me, and they don't trust the congress, and they don't trust the courts, well than, we are going to have a problem".

Clearly we have a problem. And it is mostly your fault, Mr. President.
You said you were different. But really, your even worse.
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Probably we should all just start using "Tor" for everything.
It has been eaten.

cyphyr

I would be EXCEEDINGLY surprised if deleting my search history (or any other variety) was anything approaching a real permanent deletion.
We've all lost data on old hard drives at one time or another and used a variety of disk scanners to recover supposedly deleted material, even if the histories were actually deleted (which I doubt) I'm sure the data would be recoverable.

If you have a Google email account then you have a full Google account however you may have to sign up for individual services though (so you get to tick the box that covers their asses) using your Googe login details. Check out their Google sites, very comprehensive service and FREE!

I don't think Obama is doing anything that any other president (or leader of any country) at any other time would have done given the resources. Its just that he has greater resources than ANY leader ever before. The odd thing is that we actually get to know something at all about it which is something that possibly less left leaning leaderships would not allow.

"IF the people don't trust me, and they don't trust the congress, and they don't trust the courts, well than, we are going to have a problem".

Err yesss, hmm, I'm starting to see your views on an armed population. Although if it ever came to it you can bet the Government will have better weapons than us.

Tor?
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\