Terragen 3 pre-release FAQ

Started by Oshyan, June 13, 2013, 01:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Found yours, Richard. Need to buy some more pants...

Antoine

Thank you Martin.

Indeed the difference is noticeable, there are lot more contrast. Really this is a good new.
Yes it would be nice if you could post example on shadowed vegetation but also is it possible to post an example with clouds (from above) receiving shadow from mountains. Right now it looks quite flat in 2.5

AndyWelder

QuoteAndy, the interface is largely the same as TG2. This is not the same kind of complete overhaul that Terragen 2 was to Terragen Classic. We're adding tools and significant new capabilities, but the UI remains structurally and functionally the same.
Thank you, Oshyan, that's a huge relief, believe me!
Now off to get more paper hankies for wiping away the drool all over the place!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

cyphyr

Can you make a small change on the Terragen 3 page so that thumbnails show up when facebook links are made.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

pokoy

Thanks Oshyan, that sounds really exciting.
Love the GI example, too. I don't know if it's due to different render settings but the sampling on the vegetation in the example above seems to be better as well.

rcallicotte

Looks nice TU! Thanks.  The bushes look fuzzier, though.  Why does that happen?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

Where?  Would you post a link?

Quote from: Hannes on June 15, 2013, 04:56:47 AM
Found yours, Richard. Need to buy some more pants...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Quote from: cyphyr on June 15, 2013, 07:59:23 AM
Can you make a small change on the Terragen 3 page so that thumbnails show up when facebook links are made.

I added Open Graph support stuff yesterday, it should be working for Facebook. Google+ picks it up correctly, hehe. Let me know if you continue having problems with thumbnailing in posts for Terragen3.com links. It will depend somewhat on the specific page though; pages with no imagery might not show anything (or only a video, in the case of the Man of Steel trailer).

- Oshyan

Bjur

With my my TG 2.5 i have done lots of quality vs. render time tests recently (espacially GI wise)..

Does it makes sense to stop further tests and additional comparisons because of/facing the comming TG3?

I am talking about animations..

Greetings, Alex
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Oshyan

There will be some differences with TG3, to be sure. However many of this will relate to use of new features, which are generally optional.

- Oshyan

sjefen

This is really awesome news!

I have a question tho. Will this version of Terragen support SSS?  :)
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

choronr

Congratulations Planetside. Looking forward to the release. Been with you folks since early Terragen Classic; and must say, - never have found a better way to express creativity!

Oshyan

Quote from: sjefen on June 16, 2013, 01:28:03 PM
This is really awesome news!

I have a question tho. Will this version of Terragen support SSS?  :)

That is not planned at this time, no.

- Oshyan